If you’re happiest in an agile environment, and are highly motivated, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI are looking to grow its Agile coaching team with a SAFe Program Consultant. Our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you deliver transformative digital work for high profile clients. We need a certified SAFe Program Consultant who can help us lead the coaching and training for a large client going through a Scaled Agile Framework transformation.
From public service systems to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden:
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) and Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our growing team. Your key responsibilities are to facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
• Help implementing lean agile principles and practices across organizational business units to deliver large scale homogenous solutions created by dedicated groups of teams.
• Provides guidance and leadership in program design & execution.
• Communicates with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
• Manage and optimize the flow of value by steering the Agile Release Trains (ART) to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The RTE’s focus is to deliver value by managing program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement.
• Coach and drive teams and key stakeholders within client teams
• Train and coach Scrum and Kanban teams on Story writing, Ticket intake and Work Flow efficiency with a strong focus on Cycle Times
• Work with Business Owners, Product Mangers & Product Owners in creating and setting up requirement backlogs for Epics and Features
• Facilitate planning sessions between Tech teams and Business owners and conduct monthly outcome-based agile maturity assessments for teams
Facilitate the PI planning event
• Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
• Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
• Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level
• Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
• Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
• Help manage risks and dependencies
• Escalate and track impediments
• Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
• Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
• Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Work with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence (see Lean Portfolio Management)
• Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails
• Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
• Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
You must be a SAFe Program Consultant with certifications to back this up. You will have passion for influencing people and are a SAFE evangelist.
• Proven experience of coaching large groups of people at all levels including C suite stakeholders as well as experience of driving Scrum teams and other key stakeholders
• Experience of working within the either the Utilities and Telecoms sectors would be desirable but is not essential.
• Experience of multiple release trains and PI Plans is essential
• Experience of working within a consultancy would also be highly desirable
• Your communication skills must be exceptional.
Due to current circumstances this role will initially be working from home, however when normality resumes you will be based out of our Solihull office, although we will also consider candidates Reading and Leatherhead as alternative base locations. You must have flexibility to travel to client sites and potentially stay overnight when required.
Wat mag je van ons verwachten:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.