This is a unique opportunity to be part of CGI's Global Delivery Center. The center specializes in application maintenance and remote service delivery. You will join a dynamic team where a collaborative atmosphere prevails. You will have the opportunity to work for various clients around the world from CGI's offices (Saguenay, Shawinigan, Sherbrooke, Drummondville, Montreal)
As a Java developer, you will design, configure, administer, maintain and evolve computer networks, management systems and database servers to meet the needs of the organization.
Your role is to contribute to the development of medium to large-scale computer systems, programs and applications by performing the integration and implementation, while leveraging your ability to master the technology and anticipate innovations. You analyze the needs of clients and partners and influence the direction of technological solutions or information systems required within a project. In this regard, you plan, prioritize and coordinate the work in order to meet the commitments made in line with the objectives to be achieved. The nature of the files and projects requires global knowledge in your field.
You formulate proposals for the realization of projects and contribute to the resolution of complex problems through analysis and your global knowledge of the business field. There are frequent linkages. You are called upon to interact with various stakeholders working in complementary fields of expertise.
You act as a reference and resource person for your unit, customers and various stakeholders.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A developer builds the technical structure and tools of systems that meet operational needs. He works in a team environment, where he designs and develops coding applications and solutions. He is interacting with the customer and his services are billable.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Code, test and document product development
• Participate in meetings with colleagues to discuss progress and obstacles
• Propose innovative solutions
• Participate in the resolution of incidents and problems encountered by users when his expertise is necessary
• Optimize application development, maintenance and performance by following design patterns and reusing elements of proven solutions
• Participate in other development, quality control, technical needs analysis and incident management activities, according to the specific needs of each project
• A minimum of four years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of the Agile development environment
• Knowledge of development support tools (GIT, Gradle/Ant, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, JIRA)
• Java Backend, microservices and in integration projects (API, SOA)
• Java 11, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Maven, Junit, JSON, Git, Jira and Eclipse/IntelliJ
• Knowledge of various development frameworks (JQuery, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JUnit + Mockito, Autosys, SQL)
• Weblogic, Tomcat, PaaS, Lotus Dominos
• Experience migrating to VM
• Gradle, Docker, PostgreSQL (an asset)
• Fluency in French/English
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.