Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
This position is for the Lead Business Analyst Consultant to lead a large program team and work directly with the Client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Determining client requirements and transforming them into system specifications
• Specifying changes to existing business processes and/or creating new business processes to meet specific customer requirements
• Working closely with business experts, other technical staff, vendors, and contractors to understand business and system requirements that drive the analysis and design of system enhancements and project implementations
• Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client’s business objectives and stated expectations including managing requirements priority and maintaining a feature backlog
• Reviewing system development costs and able to challenge both vendor and users to mitigate cost impacts
• Driving change and influencing stakeholders to accept that change in order to understand enterprise customers and get to know their business.
• Identifying opportunities for improving business processes, organizational design and corporate culture.
• Lead a team of Business Analyst on large programs
• Generating documentation for technical proposals, estimates, general design system test strategies and support procedures.
• Taking ownership of the Requirements Management Plan, System Requirement Specification (SRS) and assisting the Technical Team Lead in creating the System Design Specification (SDS) Documents
• Attending and documenting the necessary meetings to determine the exact requirements, and scheduling and / or conducting BRD and SRS walkthroughs
• Creating and reviewing Test Plans and Test Scenarios
• Validating Test Results and analyzing defects
• Participating in management meetings and conferences as required
• Collaborating and working with distributed development teams located in near-shore and off-shore
• Communicates with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
• Conducting Business Process Discovery and Mapping. Produce process models and workflows, diagrams and provide input into data models
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
• MBA would be an added advantage
• PMI-Business Analyst Certification (PMI-PBA) an asset
• General IT experience including hands on work experience as a Business or Systems Analyst or as a developer in a Java / J2EE, Weblogic environment
• 10 years of general IT experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business System Analyst
• Experience in Technical Writing/ Documentation, Business Case Definition and Analysis
• Experience with XML/XML Schema
• Experience with UML Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams
• Superior analytical, investigative and critical thinking skills
• J2EE/Java and/or other Object Oriented languages knowledge
• ORACLE PL/SQL knowledge
• Industry experience in Banking
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.