Are you a driver of change with the talent to inspire clients and colleagues? As a Marketing Director (Business Development) at CGI you’ll help be part of UK’s digital revolution. We’re looking for a senior marketing executive to support our senior leaders and lead on business development activities our UK business.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace' by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, car allowance, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As Marketing Director (Business Development) your primary role will be in deploying programs and initiatives that enable and support customer-facing teams (Directors and Vice Presidents etc.) within the UK Strategic Business Unit (SBU) to execute the Business Development aspects of their roles more effectively. The role is responsible for the planning, management and execution of all agreed activities, achieving high quality, effective work, and also measure the effectiveness of deliverables on an ongoing basis. This role will report directly to the UK&A Marketing Communications Vice President.
Other duties will include;
• Tracking and reporting on SBU deals and pipeline in order to identify potential marketing support required
• Tracking and reporting on executive insight exchange meetings with clients - providing support and advice on best practice as required
• Tracking and reporting on CDPs - providing support and advice on best practice as required
• Managing communications channels with BD community, such as Teams channel and regular monthly calls – suggesting and providing content in discussion with SBU leadership
• Overseeing the UK research team, ensuring that they provide the required level of offerings and service across the SBU
• Owning the usage of business development tools (eg Sales Navigator, Hubspot, CRM), including training, participation in global initiatives and communities
• Managing the relationship and our engagement with SBU wide industry associations (e.g.CBI, TechUK and UK /Canada Chamber of Commerce) ensuring that we are getting the most from the relationships in terms of networking and influence
• Championing and providing support to the consultative selling initiative across the SBU
• Overseeing the delivery of Global Campaigns (e.g. Digital Value Chain) across the SBU
• Managing Voice of the Client marketing initiatives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You should have a demonstrable successful marketing track record ideally in a similar role. You’ll also need experience in or demonstrate the following;
• The ability to quickly understand our business and identify how you can add value
• Experience of working in business development/client facing role would be an advantage
• Excellent communicator with good verbal and written skills
• Extensive & relevant stakeholder management experience
• Strong analytical, administrative and organisational skills and great attention to detail
• A “Can do” attitude, able to roll up sleeves and deliver results
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives across a complex business and within this context maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation and manage multiple stakeholders
• Be a Self-starter and proactive - able to work to tight deadlines, sometimes under pressure, and manage a varied work portfolio
• Work in an inclusive manner, team orientated and willing to support others to achieve their goals in line with CGI’s values
Our working approach is built around our clients’ and our business’ needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid. There will be some expensed travel within the UK as required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.