Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
Are you motivated by the opportunity to impress your clients by providing them with innovative approaches to managing their projects? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us.
If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of business strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We need to add to our capacity to satisfy growing client demands globally and are looking for top talents!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Deliver expected project margin/profitability.
• Work with CGI infrastructure teams in Canada and India to align project management and project delivery resourcing needs and availability, ensuring the right staffing levels are in place, creating requisitions and conducting interviews as required.
• Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain the healthy management of your program/project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plan for addressing issues.
• Ensure projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied).
• Monitor and ensuring that all project delivery and estimation SLA’s are met.
• Obtain high client satisfaction appraisal results per established target throughout the delivery of projects in your programs.
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project in your program before kick-off.
• Ensure the use of standardized tools, templates and processes (CGI methodology - client partnership management framework (CPMF)) for every project.
• Establish project schedule, manage project efforts and actual to ensure on-budget delivery.
• Establish project communication plan and deliver regular status updates, including weekly project dashboard updates.
• Document minutes of meeting and ensure all deliverables are posted on established platform (under proper program/project structure).
• Obtain client approvals on all expected deliverables (project plan, change requests, architecture document, acceptance documents, etc.).
• Log and manage all projects risks and issues.
• Ensure proper risk mitigation and issue resolution plans are defined to avoid any project delays or financial exposure to CGI.
• Apply proper and timely change management process (ensure that no work is performed on a requested change without appropriate approvals (P & l owner for non-billable projects or client for billable projects).
• Understand, communicate and manage project scope.
• Maintain a positive relationship and communications with project clients to ensure CSAP results meet per established target.
• Meet all deadlines to produce accurate recurring deliverables/activities (time reporting, health check, etc.).
• Define project team structure, request resource assignment and allocate team members to client-mandate as required.
• Work with the estimation, business engineering, solution design, client architect to apply and improve estimation process for clients.
• Assist with resource management such as member retention, coaching and succession planning initiatives in partnership with hiring management teams.
• Participate in all process improvement initiatives with the project management team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 7 years + of related IT Project Management experience within an Infrastructure environment.
• Experience as Project manager with project delivery responsibility for very large (over $10 million) project.
• Has delivered projects on time, on budget and within scope, with the expected profitability.
• Has ensured best project management practices were applied and tools and templates were used.
• Has successfully managed the delivery of large and complex infrastructure projects.
• Has applied good control of activities and quality assurance processes.
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to appropriate players that can be the client, the delivery team or the operational teams.
• Eligibility to obtain Government Security clearance (Enhanced Reliability to Secret Level)
• Bilingualism in English and French (written and verbal)
Education and Certification:
• Bachelor in Computer Science, master in Project Management or equivalent.
• Project Management institute (PMI) Certification.
- PMI Program Mgmt Professional
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.