We have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for an IT Project Coordinator to take accountability for managing small to medium projects of CGI's client through coordination, tracking, reporting, and project financial management.
You will be primarily responsible for partnering with different stakeholders to deliver projects from the beginning to end, and be responsible for ensuring application releases and project deliveries are executed according to Technology's project performance standards.
The IT Project Coordinator focuses on supporting clients with all aspects of project management to ensure the successful execution of projects and quality management. The member will be responsible for the planning and execution of specific project management tasks. He/she should be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders across different locations, at times being available to overlap schedules as he/she will be facilitating project review and administrative meetings.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain understanding of customer policies and procedures as relevant to processes.
• Coordinate project meetings and maintain meeting summaries.
• Effectively track and communicate project status and metrics.
• Lead day-to-day project activities from the kick-off to implementation for small infrastructure and application development projects.
• Consolidate and integrate work breakdown structures data into a comprehensive schedule.
• Develop, manage and control schedules by updating and making mitigation decisions and escalating as appropriate to the Project Manager.
• Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
Tracking & Reporting
• Track progress and make recommendations on response plans for risks, resolution plans for issues and results on action items and make decisions on required escalations.
• Develop, consolidate and reconcile management and resource allocation reports.
• Update project repository ensuring version control.
• Maintain a central repository of project competencies, plans, reports and history to provide a knowledge center for Project Managers.
Release Planning & Coordination
• Collaborate across teams to coordinate resources and release schedules.
• Coordinate and oversee production deployment activities and communications.
• Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data.
• Track and reconcile financials ensuring resolution of anomalies, update and reconcile latest estimates ensuring actuals to plan, make recommendations escalating as appropriate.
• Perform functions that may be assigned by the Project Manager and Operations Lead.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management or IT
Knowledge and skills:
• Solid understanding of project management best practices and practical application of these principles
• Strong knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Agile delivery and financial management
• Strong knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems
• Proficiency in planning & analysis tools for project management: Planview, JIRA, SharePoint, MS Project and/or Project Server
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as solid presentation skills necessary for interfacing across internal & external teams
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple priorities
• Ability to assume ownership of responsibilities, and can work with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Ability to work closely with Project Managers/Directors, and a diverse set of IT professionals
• Critical thinking and decision making skills
• Experience leading a team as a project coordinator preferably in an IT environment
• Hands on experience monitoring the vital signs of a project, and managing its progress and delivery schedule with good planning, organizational and problem solving skills
• Project experience in Technical Infrastructure
• Experience with JIRA and ServiceNow
• Experience with QA Testing and Defect Management
• Flexibility in shift in order to align with project requirements; willingness to work from 9 PM - 6 AM (PH Time)
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Relationship
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Individual Contributor
- Performs Well Under Pressure
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.