Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career? CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect working with Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platforms who will work with multiple clients in a variety of industries on cloud strategy, architecture, migration, operations and implementation. As a key member of our Emerging Technologies team, you will drive forward the delivery of some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada! You will work directly with a large team of Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Domain Specialists to support you on your journey.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and implement cloud solutions for clients, including cloud migrations (applications and/or infrastructure)
• Provide strategies and guidance based on cloud solutions
• Support client cloud offices with standard methodologies and approaches
• Support clients with cloud operations evolution, including DevOps
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience working as a Solutions Architect on cloud projects with key business focus
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
• Azure, Google or AWS PaaS application experience is desirable
• Experience in DevOps Automation (e.g. infrastructure as code such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and communication skills
• Technical proficiencies in the below is desirable:
- CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Version Control (e.g. Git, Git Hub, Azure DevOps)
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Elastic)
- Methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL and Waterfall)
- Cloud Technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, RedHat, OpenStack)
- Able to work hands-on as project member
- Containerization Tool (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Configuration Management (e.g. Git)
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology program
• Certified Azure, Google and/or AWS Architect
• TOGAF certification
Nice To Have:
• Agile certifications
• Solution Architecture certifications
• SOA certifications
• Cybersecurity certifications
• Data Architecture experience
• IoT architecture experience
• Business Architecture experience
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.