Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is looking for a Data Visualization Analyst for its fast-growing team in Western Canada, helping our Energy clients on their digital transformation journey.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to assume a role supporting the delivery of analytics solutions across Energy clients. The ideal person for this role brings deep experience data visualization in the energy industry and collaboration with data stakeholders in a team environment.
We help our energy customers with various types of projects covering a variety of different business scenarios including analytics strategy and analytics technology assessments, business intelligence, data governance and management, customer relationship management, asset management, and enterprise resource planning.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Our Data Visualization Analysts have the skills to use visualization & UX best practices in different situations to create elegant and effective analytic outputs and are adept at building close relationships with both client teams and CGI team members.
- Create data visualizations within Power BI & Tableau and other modern data visualization solutions
- Responsible for requirements capturing, functional and non-functional, and analysis for reporting and visualizations
- Work with stakeholders to understand current state and to identify the future state for the proposed solution
- Analyze data and identify gaps in the solution, make recommendations for resolving gaps, and monitor results
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of experience in developing reporting and visualization solutions utilizing Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, ThouhtSpot, Looker and other modern BI solutions
- Expert in visualization and UX best practices
- Excellent knowledge of cubes and calculated measures using DAX functions
- Experience using advanced visualization features within Power BI: Power BI Embedded Analytics, composite models, Apps, Dashboards, Reports, Tiles, and others
- Experience developing mobile dashboards and reports for executives and operational business users
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS) and equivalent in a modern cloud environment, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, RedShift, Oracle Cloud, etc.
- Experience in Development with Standard Reports, List Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, and Drill through reports and Master Detail Reports
- Experience in Analyzing Execution Plan, managing indexes and troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Experience consuming advanced analytic models and ML model services into Power BI Visualizations
- Experience in a DevOps, CI/CD environment with technologies and platforms such as Git, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes, and others is an asset
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all the stages in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
MS Power BI
- Advanced Analytics
- MS PowerBI
- Requirements Analysis
- UX requirements
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.