Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI seeks a Senior Analytics Solution Architect to join our rapidly growing team in Victoria, where we help our customers on their digital transformation journey. This position is ideal for someone who is ready to tackle a leadership role, delivering sophisticated big data, AI and machine learning solutions to provincial and municipal governments, and commercial clients. As Canada's largest independent IT services provider CGI can offer a career full of opportunity and variety to the right candidate.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Analytics Solution Architect will be called upon to provide guidance to application development and integration projects and therefore must understand where, when and how to intervene effectively in the project lifecycle.
You can count on involvement in many different types of projects covering a wide variety of business scenarios including business intelligence, data governance and management, customer relationship management, asset management, and enterprise resource planning.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to work within different delivery frameworks (e.g., Agile, DevOps) and involves communicating and applying data architecture principles to different business problem situations and building close relationships with both client staff and CGI team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Understanding of software development life cycles, and experience architecting, developing or maintaining on premise and cloud based analytics applications or infrastructures
• Understanding of the agile delivery framework and the ability to validate client analytics requirements, design, and test data and analytics modelling techniques
• 5+ years of practical and progressive experience with the following:
• Providing consultative analytics and data architecture solutions
• Leading technical teams to set analytics solution principles and guiding implementations
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Understanding and translating complex customer data and analytics requirements into technical architectural designs
• Working with sophisticated data integration, large datasets and unstructured data
• Working with NoSQL databases
• Conducting predictive analytics and data visualizations
• Experience delivering solutions in the local Victoria and provincial government sector is desired, while experience with cloud technologies is an asset
• Preference will be given to candidates with MS Azure, Power BI and Databricks experience
• Agile / Scrum
• Data Visualization
• Development Life-Cycle
• Solutions Architecture
• Strong written and effective verbal communication skills, experience working in a client-facing role
• Ability to plan, prioritize and execute in a dynamic environment
• Strong Analytical/problem solving skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Degree in computer science or equivalent preferred, but we will consider candidates that meet the experience requirements listed above.
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Data Architecture
- Development Life-Cycle
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.