Working for highly performing global IT and Business Consulting firm, our work has a wide reach - we help make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme making you a member, not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit of discounted private health insurance, world class training, access to employee assistance and well being programs. CGI also offer flexible working arrangements so you can do your best work.
Join the newly created Space, Defence and Intelligence sector in Australia and grow as the team expands. We are looking for need junior, mid-level, senior and lead IT Solutions Architects, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Managing Common stacks for enterprise software: Middleware, Data Services, SOA, Tiered Web Applications
• RDBMS (e.g Oracle & MSSQL) and NoSQL (e.g MongoDB)
• Use of Open Source technologies and components to deliver enterprise class solutions
• Delivery of infrastructure and network solutions
• Contributing to bid proposals in terms of estimation and documentation
• Knowledge of the creation of solution architectures across multiple business domains
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Formal architectural qualifications such as TOGAF / Archimate
• Working within a technology rich environment
• An understanding of DevOps processes, automated deployment and cloud architectures
• Demonstrable solution architecture experience within enterprise environments
• An understanding of, or exposure to, formal architectural methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Archimate)
• Understanding of requirements management, capability and benefit driven design approach
• Understanding of software development lifecycles; Waterfall, Scrum, Agile and Test Driven Delivery
• Understanding of infrastructure and network technologies and architectures
• Track record of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
• The ability to gain a baseline security clearance
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
• Knowledge of working in the Government, Space, Defence or National Security domains covering Tactical, Operational, Strategic and Back Office environments
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Editing, updating or deleting data
You can always review your data saved in the database. You can always edit or update your data. If you have not edited your data, logged into your profile, or been actively recruited by CGI for five (5) years, your data will disappear from the database.