Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules!
Our Guidewire team in BC is growing, and we have a need for a Guidewire Configuration Lead. As a natural leader, you are confident in assigning work to ensure deliverables are aligned with client expectations as you partner with CGI’s local and global delivery teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work in a fast-paced cross-functional agile (Scrum/SAFe) work environment
• Design, configure/ develop based on the requirements developed for the Guidewire InsuranceSuite
• Design and provide support for data analysis, cleansing, data mappings for Guidewire, third party integrations and transformation
• Build architectural diagrams, design documents based on functional specifications developed in the form of user stories, process flows, use cases
• Conduct user story / sprint demonstrations at the end of sprint / release
• Participate in Agile Sprint ceremonies, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospective sessions
• Follow Guidewire coding standards, performing peer code reviews, product performance, etc.
• Be able to switch roles between Configuration and Integration
• Conduct end user training by means of workshops, training guides and operation manuals
• Work with globally distributed across geographies for the purpose of delivering
• Work with internal development, testing teams to support requirements clarifications throughout the project execution
• Work with Business Analysts, Test Manager, Scrum Master and Program Manager for various project activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent domain knowledge on Property & Casualty Insurance to understand and analyze the business needs of the customer
• Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity
• Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility
• Self-motivated, independent leader who has ability to navigate team in a right direction
• Tenacious decision maker, able to bring a balanced and responsible approach to resolving business problems
• Provide technical expertise while managing and leading medium to high complex work for the design, configuration, integration, development, and delivery of software applications
• Detailed knowledge of Guidewire InsuranceSuite
• Ability to understand the legacy data, its complexities, design and solution the future state data architecture
• Perform legacy extract analysis, data analysis, cleansing, mappings etc. to meet project requirements
• Experience in following Guidewire best practices, Cloud enablement, Release managing using CI/CD
• Ensure data conversion aligns with referential data integrity and data governance best practices.
• Ability to work in the global delivery model and be a liaison between the client and software development team across different geographies
• ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS, Talend, AWS Glue
• Advanced experience in Java/C#, (e.g. HPSM, ServiceNow)
• Guidewire PolicyCenter (Configuration/Integration), Guidewire Rating
• Experience working on Java, DBMS, Cloud, Integrations (Web Services, Message Queues, Service Bus), DevOps, SQL/Oracle, XML, data modelling, version control tools (e.g. SVN, GitHub, Web/Mobile developments using Angular/React etc.
• Management tools like Confluence, Jira, Rally, HP ALM
• Microsoft Office suite, Visio etc.
- Guidewire Configuration
- Guidewire Integration
- SVN (Subversion)
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.