CGI Financial and Insurance Solutions Group (FISG) is looking for a Director, Business Development to support growth of its Payments Solutions IP in the Americas.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, Payments Solutions and working as a member of the Payments Solutions team, you will be responsible for internal and external business development in conjunction with local CGI Business Units (BU) and engagement teams. Your primary duties will include leading product presentations; responding to proposals; performing competitor analysis; internal and external relationship & stakeholder management and staying engaged with the Payments Solutions Offering team to help evolve the future features of the products.
Payments Solutions Business Development includes offerings for CGI Payments Solutions in various deployment modes including On-Prem and PaaS; CGI Continuous Linked Settlement Solution; and also its Settlement Solution along with a number of legacy solutions where contract extensions or migrations will be supported.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include:
• Leverage your professional and personal network to introduce CGI to local client prospects
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts
• Lead proposals through oral presentations and solution demonstrations
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Engage early in the business development cycle with senior level customer representatives to influence strategy and increase the chance of both qualifying in and winning.
• Position CGI and create the opportunity to differentiate
• Successfully qualify opportunities early on in the bid cycle and to minimize bid costs by ensuring efficient use of resources and a focus on bids where the chances of success are solid.
• Understand customer business issues and align CGI propositions to create new business opportunity.
• Build and develop account plans and win plans.
• Develop relationships with key partners that will assist in business growth.
• Deliver both the TCV wins and in-year revenue objectives set each year.
• Work closely with the Payments leadership team to communicate new business activity, pipelines and forecasts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Product Presentation: The Director, Business Development will co-ordinate and deliver Payments Solutions presentations at various levels within client organizations including C-level, while demonstrating knowledge of various payment schemes in the Americas with a particular focus on the US market. The Director, Business Development will work with the Payments Solutions Offering team to deliver product demonstrations and ensure alignment with the latest product materials.
Responding to Proposals: The Director, Business Development will work directly with local CGI Business Units teams to co-ordinate and deliver the CGI response to client proposals, being directly responsible for ensuring that the product is correctly represented and that the financial modelling/pricing is completed according to Payments Solutions team guidelines. The Director, Business Development is expected to create content for responses, leveraging product and market knowledge, the historical response database, and reaching out to other Payments Solutions team members where required.
Performing Competitor Analysis: As an active participant in the competitive market, the Director, Business Development is required to maintain a strong understanding of market competitors and relay gathered intel to the Payments Solutions team. Presentations and Responses to Proposals need to be aligned to reflect the competitive edge of CGI products specific to the situation being encountered.
Relationship & Stakeholder Management: The Director, Business Development is the conduit for all business development and stakeholder management activities with both internal CGI Business Unit teams and for client stakeholders beyond the usual scope of Business Unit engagement. The Director, Business Development will participate in industry activities as required, which may include development of market-facing content and speaking engagements.
Engagement with the Payments Solutions Offering team: The Director, Business Development will stay engaged with the Payments Solutions Offering team to relay market information, understand and guide the product roadmap for future releases, and help advocate for industry best practices in the solution.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Self-sufficient and results driven, excited by the prospect of playing an important role in growing the business
• Proven track-record of achieving new business objectives and delivering profitable business outcomes
• Good leadership skills in managing, motivating and coaching.
• Strong presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Payments sector insight and experience, including involvement in industry trade committees and working groups).
• 8+ years in transaction banking and wholesale payments experience
• Business acumen with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
• Business development including strategic sales planning. Experience and success selling to financial institutions that are $1B+ in revenue
• Client engagement management and relationship building
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write proposals and deliver executive presentations
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Must live in proximity to a CGI office
• 7+ years of experience required in the following: Business Development and Communication Skills – verbal, writing and presentation
Desire Qualifications/Non-essential Skills
• A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently, in teams and projects with limited supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
7+ years of experience preferred in the following:
Consultative Sales Experience
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $134,000 - $180,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.