At CGI, we are in the business of satisfying clients by helping them win and grow. For more than 30 years, we have operated upon the principles of sharing in clients’ challenges and delivering quality services to address these challenges.
CGI is looking for Web Development Specialists to develop, extend and support eBusiness solutions for internationally renowned customers from the Retail, Communications, and Media industries. Our platforms comprise CMS solutions, online shops, online marketing tools, as well as customer support and self service systems for desktop and mobile customer touch points.
The platforms implement functionally challenging business cases and also support rigorous non-functional / operational requirements with respect to security, availability, scalability, etc.
Developers who are interested in diversified tasks covering the typical scope of a modern e-commerce platform are welcome to apply. They will find a highly motivated and eager team operating within medium to large scale agile development (SCRUM) projects. Our projects have a challenging but at the same time collegiate, friendly and inspiring working atmosphere.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain applications and enterprise solutions for clients located in Germany. You will develop applications from scratch, implement change requests fix bugs or develop enterprise delivery pipelines
• You will be part of international team and you will contribute to the customer value and end-user creation. Our team work agile so there will be a lot of direct interactions. You will be in touch not only with other team members but also with representatives of the customer or other teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience in application development using Java, JEE, Web Frameworks, UML, WebServers and databases
• 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing solutions using the Hybris e-commerce suite of products; Hybris knowledge must be current at least as of version 6, but preferably higher (SAP Commerce Cloud)
• Relational Databases – preferred Oracle, mysql
• Application Servers – preferred Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, and JBoss
• 2+ years of experience in client facing roles
• Significant knowledge of relevant open source libraries / frameworks (Spring, Web Services)
• In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle incl. Configuration Management, Build Tools, Continuous Integration, Developer Testing and Delivery
• Proven experience in technical management of remote development teams is a significant plus
• Experience in the retail or telecommunications industry is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of e-commerce products in general is a plus
• Knowledge of e-commerce in retail, telecommunications, or digital media is a plus
• Knowledge of German is an advantage
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.