CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI is a Salesforce.com Platinum partner and one of the largest System Integration & Consulting organizations in Canada, offering a variety of Salesforce Consulting Services and custom application development on the Force.com platform. To support project delivery, CGI has established a worldwide Salesforce.com Centre of Expertise in Montreal, QC to provide architecture and standard methodologies support for Salesforce initiatives. We've been delivering Salesforce.com projects since 2006 and over 150,000+ users worldwide use a Salesforce.com implementation completed by CGI!
We are looking for a Force.com Solution Architect to join our western Canada Salesforce.com practice. In this role, you will work directly with our clients, team members and partners to implement custom Salesforce.com and Force.com applications. This is an exciting role for an experienced Solution Architect to demonstrate their passion for technical, hands-on development work while moving into an overall leadership role. You'll also have direct exposure to clients and be a domain specialist for estimates and RFP responses.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Lead in the full software development life cycle from technical design to development, testing and deployment
- Use Apex and Visual Force to build outstanding customer-based solutions where needed, including developing products on the Force.com platform
- Craft and build Interfaces between Salesforce.com and other applications
- Interact directly with our customers and the lead CGI team, including consultants, architects and pre-sales to ensure customer success
- Participate in the estimation and timeline process
- Provide and grow Salesforce expertise by providing insight into architectural decisions and working with the Salesforce Center of Expertise
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of Force.com experience with proven knowledge and experience with SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, and Force.com in a development capacity
- 5+ years of progressive enterprise applications development and customization experience (with Java and/or Microsoft technologies)
- Excellent overall development skills throughout the SDLC with a preference for Agile methodology
- Experience architecting and deploying sophisticated enterprise level solutions
- Experience delivering custom application solutions driven by customer needs
- Project Management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- One or more Salesforce certifications (ADM201/DEV401/DEV501/Consultant/Force.com)
- Passionate about solving customer challenges by using technology solutions
- Possess the desire and ability to define and model sophisticated business processes and use cases
- Highly driven and able to self-manage in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to connect with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Build rapport and develop effective working relationships with clients
- Persistence, passion and a desire for customer success
- AppExchange plugins (e.g. Zurora, ServiceMax,)
- Salesforce Portal and/or Communities
- CRM applications (e.g., MS Dynamics CRM)
- Professional Services and/or Government and/or Utilities industries
- Various methodologies such as: AGILE / ITIL / CMMI / ISO, etc.
- Project Management
- Salesforce Integration
- Salesforce Solution Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.