CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our CGI-Victoria and Vancouver teams providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Full Stack Developer with at least 3 years' experience in large enterprise environments.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you'll have a combination of maintenance and development experience, and be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will also work with and learn from our experienced and hardworking developers and architects. You'll have numerous opportunities to leverage your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
• Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
• Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
• Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
• Work with clients to develop solution architectures to solve business problems.
• Migrate BC Registries digital services from legacy environments and mainframes to modern environments leveraging techniques/tools such as DevOps, Kubernetes, container and microservices based architectures.
• Write automated tests and help set up continuous integration & delivery pipelines. Design, develop, manage and integrate RESTful APIs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience as a Full-Stack Developer in an Agile environment (exposure to front-end and back-end frameworks) leveraging modern languages and tools such as Python, Flask, Java, NodeJs, React, Vue.js, and/or Angular
• Exposure to Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, SQLServer, and/or MySQL
• Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
• Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
• Application deployment automation using (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps)
• Experience with RESTFul API development, management and integration
• Superb communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience working with cloud services (e.g. developing for Azure or AWS PaaS environments)
• OAuth 2.0 exposure and OIDC authorization protocols
• Experience writing automated end to end UI tests with tools such as Selenium or TestCafé
• Ability to set up and configure supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, webservers, certificates, etc.
• Experience with reporting tools (MS Reports / Cognos / Crystal Reports)
• Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery is desirable
• Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Application Deployment
- Application Development
- Full Stack Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.