CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our CGI-Victoria team providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer with at least seven years of experience in large enterprise environments.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you have a combination of maintenance and development experience, and will be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As the leader of a development team, you will work with our experienced and hardworking developers and architects. You will have numerous opportunities to apply your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or improvements to existing applications
• Provide senior software engineering expertise in Agile development teams to develop projects in a fast paced environment
• Collaborate in the creation of CI/CD pipelines with DevOps engineers
• Provide senior leadership in architecting, designing and coding applications and APIs that • improve the efficiency of the team and reduce technical debt
• Provide recommendations for technology stacks, DevOps toolchain and other key decisions as they relate to building and testing software
• Provide solution design and high-level estimates of effort and schedule
• Participate in the developer community, stay up to date on new software technologies and standard methodologies, and share insights within the organization and the broader technology community through presentations and other forms of collaboration
• Provide recommendations to improve and enhance existing methodologies and standards
• Provide senior technical guidance, mentorship, support and oversight to other team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7 years of progressive experience as a Developer and extensive experience in application development and maintenance
• API and backend services development using .NET Core, Java, and/or Node.js
• Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL and Mongo
• Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
• Application deployment automation using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps
• Git and GitHub
• Expertise working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience working with cloud services such as Azure or AWS
• Experience with OAuth 2.0 and OIDC authorization protocols
• Experience writing automated end-to-end UI tests with tools such as Selenium or TestCafé
• Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI, MicroStrategy and Jasper Reports
• Experience setting up and configuring supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, webservers, certificates, etc.
• Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery
• Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Application Deployment
- Application Development
- Full Stack Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.