Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career.
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credit, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is changing our Architectural vision, and we need top talent to help innovate with us. You will mentor and guide other members of the CGI Architecture team to help implement a new vision of Cloud technologies. Join the team revolutionizing the way CGI does business and help craft the future of CGI!
Cloud Architects use their skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers. Your passion, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help guide our leadership team to make solid business decisions.
You are a futurist and a leader so other architects come to you for advice and guidance. You know what needs to be done, how to get it done, and you have the ability to manoeuvre with agility in our global organization. You will be an excellent representative for CGI to our customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Help to develop and improve our Cloud Reference Architectures
• Provide leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in our latest generation private cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS platforms
• Assist in the creation of business cases, strategies, and roadmaps
• Design Enterprise cloud solutions for both internal and external clients
• Work with Agile teams to deliver cloud projects
• Demonstrate expertise across multiple disciplines, including DevOps, SRE, Agile, and become a trusted advisor to global decision makers
• Represent CGI and provide thought leadership when meeting with our customers, and provide customer and market feedback to the product and engineering teams to influence product direction
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or 10 years of equivalent practical experience
• Experience as a cloud practitioner and architect
• At least one certification in Cloud Architecture (Azure, Google Cloud or AWS)
• Experience in software development in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C++ or similar, software design
• Experience working with infrastructure automation & continuous integration/deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Azure DevOps, Ansible, etc.)
• Understanding and experience with containers and serverless-computing technologies
• Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics
• In depth knowledge of networking, and cloud-based delivery models
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
• Experience in Identity and Access Management
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Experience in IT Security Testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments
• Experience in virtualized security environments
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
- IT Security
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.