As our Test Automation Lead working on the Robot Framework open source automation tool, you will be part of a dynamic group focused on transformation of the Telecom OSS layer for our client partner.
The Test Automation Lead will be tasked with leading the team of Test automation Engineers, while being hands on with research, development and execution work of test cases automation. The successful candidate will work within a fast-paced, Agile environment alongside Product owners, Scrum Master, Business Analysts, and Developers.
• Identifying and recommending the automated testing processes and tools.
• Evaluate and select best usage of test automation tools for different purposes.
• Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across project teams.
• Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across project teams.
• Oversee technological execution of the recommended automation solution roadmap across project teams.
• Participate in Design and Architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions across project teams.
• Drive defect triage status calls/meetings with development, business, vendor teams to discuss the priority and resolutions of the defect.
• Define data seeding, test data generation process and environment needs.
• Review test design to build a test scenario matrix for overall product functions for comprehensive regression test suites.
• Accountable to coordinate with global delivery teams and ensure the test execution progress is in line with project schedules.
• Responsible for escalating the testing risks and issues in a timely manner.
• Define and publish key performance metrics for the automated testing.
• Assist engineering management team with the technical presentation of proposed automation solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain Robot automation framework/software solutions.
• Able to convert business requirements into test cases and test scenarios on Robot framework.
• Work with RESTful APIs, Restful Interfaces, Regular Expressions.
• Identify and evaluate the risks related to the quality of applications.
• Assist with manual QA efforts as needed.
• Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test automation is promoted and applied effectively in the squad.
• Take part in the ownership of the team’s QA discipline, providing execution and leadership on best practices and technical implementation.
• Recommend innovative ideas to automate and reduce manual QA efforts.
• Research tools, methods, and technology trends to support program test automation objectives.
• Participate in agile ceremonies to provide regular progress updates.
Must Have Skills:
• Experience professional with 10+ years’ experience in test management, test planning, tracking execution and a good understanding of quality engineering concepts.
• Hands-on QA Automation experience with proven abilities to design, construct, customize and maintain hybrid Test automation frameworks
• Possess in-depth knowledge of multiple open source / commercial tools for Web service/UI automation.
• Ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balancing deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects.
• Possess In depth Experience of defining and integrating Automation solutions into DevOps stack.
• Experience in Automation Testing using Robot Framework.
• Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and its tools, specially Jenkins, Kafka, OpenShift, uDepoly, JIRA, GitLab.
• Experience in testing micro services-based applications.
• Possess solid experience on planning recurring maintenance and continuous upgrade of automation test suite and maintenance of test case catalogue
• Possess experience on proposing and implementing code review and documentation processes
• Good understanding of Web Framework and experience in testing Web Applications.
• Experience in using JIRA, XRAY and Confluence.
• Experience with XML manipulation and use of python xml libraries
• Experience with JSON manipulation and use of python json libraries
• Well organized, result oriented, self-motivated, collaborative.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
Good to Have Skills:
• Previous experience on Telecom OSS domain – especially on service provisioning, service fulfillment and service inventory, service order management, network service orchestration, service assurance etc.
• Previous experience working under SAFe Agile framework.
- Functional Testing
- System Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Test Management
- Test Planning & Implementation
- User Acceptance Testing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.