CGI is looking for top talent to help our customers digital transformation journey to the cloud. The Cloud Specialist is responsible for building and leading the solution framework for cloud computing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud.
As a Cloud Specialist, the individual will manage the customer's future transition from on premise environments into hybrid-cloud architectures. The role requires the ability to provide new services effectively and optimize existing environments. In addition, the Architect will play a strategic role in proposing new cloud solutions for existing and future clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Co-draft our ground-breaking Cloud Reference Architecture for the benefit of CGI’s Telecom technology teams.
• Provide expertise and leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in our latest generation private cloud , Oracle CLOUD, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
• Assist in the business case and design of Enterprise cloud solutions for both internal and external clients.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels, including DevOps Engineering teams, and become a trusted advisor to global decision makers.
• Represent CGI and provide thought leadership when meeting with our customers; provide customer and market feedback to the product and engineering teams to influence product direction.
You are a futurist and leader. Other Architects come to you for advice and direction. You know what needs to be done, how to get it done and you have the drive to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent practical experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Solutions Architect.
• A minimum of two years working in Solution Architecture that has a significant cloud component – on prem or Public Cloud.
• Certifications in Cloud Architecture (Oracle Cloud, K8S, OpenShift, Azure, Google Cloud or AWS) is an asset.
• Experience in Oracle Cloud migrations is an asset
• Experience in software design and development in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C# or similar.
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
• Understanding and experience with open source server software.
• Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics.
• Knowledge of current infrastructure automation & continuous integration/deployment.
• In depth knowledge of networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Cloud Computing
- Google Cloud Platform
- Solution Analysis
- Solution Design
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.