If your technical support skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem solving, and your communication skills are just as strong, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
CGI is the provider of third line technical support for a media market-leading newsroom computer solution. The media application we support offers end-to-end solutions for modern news workflows to both public and private broadcasters in TV, radio and online environments.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden:
We are looking for third line support engineers to join our growing team. This is a shift based role. You will be based on site with the client in their London offices.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the day-to-day support of our client, ensuring that the service is delivered to the SLAs and metrics defined in the contract.
• Liaise directly with the client, assuming ownership of issues through to resolution, carrying out the diagnosis and solving of technical issues, and escalating to the fourth line where necessary.
• Administer virtual servers and support production usage of the client’s software. This will include carrying out routine maintenance work as defined and agreed with the client and providing guidance to second line support staff in performing upgrades and configuration changes.
• You will be required to form good relationships with the client’s second and third line support teams. This interaction could include identifying potential system failures and weaknesses and proactively advising on remedial action.
• Where required, you will also be responsible for ensuring systems are properly monitored, supported and maintained.
It is essential that you have proven experience of working in a third line support team. Ideally this will be in a fast paced environment such as the media, finance or any other sector that involves strict SLAs.
• You will have extensive knowledge of a Microsoft Windows Server Environment and a good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server with experience for supporting applications in an enterprise Microsoft Windows environment.
• Knowledge of Server & Storage technologies including VMWare/ Hyper-V, Active Directory, SAN/NAS, TCP/IP is also really important
• You will have experience of administration and configuration of clustering and virtualisation technology (VMware/Hyper-V) and knowledge of ITIL framework (with a solid understanding of Incident, Problem, Change).
• On site client facing experience and effective communication and problem solving, consistently delivering a professional service, are essential for this role.
• Environment wise, you will be able to effectively work in a dispersed and varied team, showing evidence of dealing with complex technical issues and dealing with multiple priorities
• And strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are key for success in this role.
Wat mag je van ons verwachten:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.