CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 77 500 professionals in 40 countries, of which nearly 200 in Estonia in 2 cities – Tallinn and Tartu. We create software systems and products in a number of areas - public sector, geospatial and remote sensing, space, telecommunications, energy and utilities, medical and healthcare, banking and insurance, etc.
Our teams are behind such solution like GIS 112 information system used for processing emergency notifications, eCall, which automatically dials single emergency number in the car accidents, European global satellite-based navigation system Galileo, new design for Estonian State Information Portal and many-many more.
We invite You to take part in our success story as a software/product developer for a new product in CGI IP portfolio. The product is a platform that digitizes nearly all processes related to pre-school period. We are building it based on our previous experience in that domain and together with a pilot client in Finland. There are already thousands of parents using the new platform. Throughout the following years we see that hundreds of institutions currently using the old system will move, together with the parents using their services, to the new platform as well and it will potentially be used by millions of users.
The development is managed (and partially developed) from Finland and there are development teams in Portugal and Poland. In Estonia we currently only have the testing team, but we are going to establish a development team as well. Thus, this is Your chance to be one of the first members in the locally new (but globally already strong) team. Experience this interesting and technically challenging journey and be part of the future - after all, that’s what kids are, right!
Your future responsibilities:
• Understand the clients’ and stakeholders’ needs, inputs and excepted outcomes, analyze them and propose effective procedural and technical solutions
• Provide feedback and suggestions to improve product, processes, teamwork etc.
• Test and document your work
• Participate in development ceremonies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of professional experience as a Java developer
• Experience with frameworks and technologies such as Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git
• Good knowledge of the following technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, OAuth2, Spring Cloud
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills
• Experience working in an international, multi-location Scrum team is a plus
• Experience in cloud platforms (especially GDP) and product development is beneficial
• Working with a wide range of technologies, including modern frameworks and tools
• Opportunity to evaluate technological options and to participate in the design of a product
• Diverse work experience in Estonian and international CGI projects
• Become an owner (partner) of CGI through a share participation plan
• Supportive and experienced colleagues, both in Estonia and abroad
• Opportunities for professional development and growth – horizontally, vertically, diagonally, locally and globally
• Competitive wage package
• Good work-life balance: our family- and health-friendly work environment, comfortable office, cheerful colleagues, great joint events, flexible working hours, etc. help take care of your body and mind
• Opportunity to get involved in charitable activities
We will offer you a membership beyond the ordinary:
As a member of CGI you have the opportunity to be an owner and to work in an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. With us, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to take care of yourself and the communities around you. You will have the opportunity to work with major local and global clients from different industries in challenging projects that have a true impact on our future. With us at CGI you can develop your career as an expert or if you like or take new steps towards managerial position. It’s up to you to get our full support to get you where you want to be.
This is what we call a membership beyond the ordinary.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! Apply for the position by clicking on the “I´m interested” button at the top or bottom of the page.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.