CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation and are excited by influencing the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
Our CGI-Victoria team is looking for an Intermediate Data Warehouse Data Analyst / ODI Developer with superior problem solving skills to execute ETL and OLAP processes to support our data warehouse team. This role requires extracting, transforming and loading data using ETL/OLAP tools and will be involved in future ODI development work.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Extract, Transform and Load (ETL): Extract data from different sources and load it into a central data warehouse using ELT tools, monitor processing progress and errors, review the PL/SQL packages/procedures to identify and resolve any issues, and run SQL queries to monitor the data quality
• Online Analytical Processing (OLAP): Execute and maintain scripts and chains using Oracle Scheduler to populate data marts, review error logs, check data quality, and perform data migration
• Data quality assessment, problem solving, and client communication
• Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Development: Develop data transformation mappings (read data from a variety of data sources and migrate/load data into Oracle databases)
• Configure management processes for ODI development artifacts and use all ODI tools including Topology, Security Manager, Designer, and Operator to create, modify, and manage ODI configurations and mappings
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrable experience as a data analyst with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze data to create ETL mappings and associated artifacts using ODI
• Proven experience with Data Warehouse ETL operations
• Minimum five years of related work experience with a background in RDBMS
• 5+ years' experience ETL architecture design experience within data warehousing environments governed by applying appropriate methodologies and ETL standards
• Experience creating integration and data warehouse technical specifications
• Conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling through the use of data modeling tools
• Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
• Data Warehouse Analyst with development experience in ODI technologies
• 3+ years ODI experience
• ODI developer certification
• Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Oracle ODI (Data Integration)
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehousing
- Online Analytical Processing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.