CGI has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in Pittsburgh, PA for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the CGI Human Resources team as a trusted advisor and consultant. The HRBP will have responsibility for leading the human resources function within the US Great Lakes Business Unit supporting approximately 400+ members for a large anchor account.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The HRBP will be reporting directly to the HR Director and expected to partner closely with senior line management to understand business objectives, goals, and concerns. The HRBP will lead transformational change efforts that enable the sector’s ability to deliver outstanding service and care to customers while providing a work environment that is stimulating and challenging to employees. The HRBP will be adept at leveraging integrated people strategies based on an understanding of a diverse workforce, enabling attraction, development, and top talent. A focus on employee relations and effective leadership development programs will be key to success as will ensuring excellence in the delivery of employee initiatives and programs. As part of the HR team, supporting the Great Lakes Business Unit, the HRBP will collaborate with other HRBPs, Recruiting, Learning and Development and HR Operations to set company-wide employee policies and strategies. This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA, and periodic travel (post-pandemic), up to 20%, will be required as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 8+ years of demonstrated success leading strategic HR efforts within a global IT company, for technical clients or a genuine interest in technology.
- Candidates must demonstrate past success in introducing transformational change efforts to an organization and the results those efforts produced.
- Strong executive presence and ability to represent HR at various executive-level meetings, with the ability to resourcefully develop trust and establish himself/herself as a credible strategic business partner contributing to the overall success of our clients and champions of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience in organizational and leadership development will be key, in partnering with clients to drive HR initiatives (performance management, compensation, succession planning, benchmarking analysis, etc.).
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to function as a consultant and counselor with senior management and key decision-makers. Translating business needs into HR initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills; able to articulately deliver presentations to members and leaders.
- Must be able to develop and execute HR programs and strategies with a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- A high degree of personal integrity and maturity including the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities at once, while being flexible in a fast-paced and sometimes intense working environment.
- PHR/SPHR designation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Team Player
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.