***Open to remote work anywhere in Atlantic Canada***
Oracle & SQL Server DBA
The Stratford, PEI office of CGI's Atlantic Business Unit is looking for an Oracle & SQL Server Database Administrator to become part of a team of database professionals. In addition to strong technical skills we are looking for candidates with confident oral and written communications skills. You must be able to articulate technical solutions to a wide range of audiences in a clear, concise manner.
As part of team of database professionals, the qualified candidate will provide remote database support:
• Monitoring and responding to alerts posted from client databases.
• Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur. Track and resolve database related incidents and alerts within client service levels by following incident management procedures.
• Responding to client email requests.
• Performing daily maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space, and maintaining database objects.
• Providing database security administration such as User ID’s, Passwords, roles, etc.
• Cloning and refreshing of databases.
• Participating in change management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following client change management standards and procedures.
• Assisting clients with disaster recovery rehearsals.
• Performing SQL Server installations, upgrades, migrations, and patching.
• Monitoring and tuning SQL Server database performance.
• Maintaining client documentation including database topology, connection procedures, and special instructions.
• Participating in on-call rotation and working occasionally after hours or on weekends.
• The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in both Oracle & SQL Server database administration including maintenance, troubleshooting and support; understanding of Oracle (Oracle 10g, 11g, 12C) SQL Server (SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and above). Experience with Oracle Cloud and Azure Cloud would be an asset.
• Familiar with Windows operating systems, tools and architecture as they relate to supporting database environments.
• SQL skills; ability to code DBA-related procedures and triggers
• Linux and Unix, Redhat
• Understanding of SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
• Providing input into long-range database requirements
• Self-motivated; capable of working independently and being responsible for results
• Able to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Shares knowledge with peers; may present at user groups and/or write technical articles
• Quickly understands new ideas and can see the value in new features or technologies
• Confident; strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and client-facing skills
• Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.