This is an excellent time to work on the fast growing Space Business. At CGI we combine Big Data, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence to build innovative solutions in the Space and Earth Observation domain.
If you want to be part of this journey and contribute to the growth of our agile and enthusiastic team, then join our Space team in Frascati!
We are currently running many projects ranging from on-board processing based on AI technology, to Big Data solutions and downstream application projects in various domains including agriculture, forestry, oil and gas, insurance and utilities to mention a few.
Does that sound interesting to you? CGI is a locally rooted and a globally operating company. We work in local teams for our clients and have access to a network of global expertise. Extensive exchange of experience, knowledge management and practical, interesting client projects in the Space domain form the basis of our work.
CGI Italy team is expanding and requires Software Engineer - DevOps for projects mainly in the Space domain. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be in charge of these missions :
• Provide support on CGI applications and platforms
• Managing operational tasks like containers/VM image building, update, patching etc.
• Improving the deployment automation of applications and platforms
• Platform monitoring oriented to performance improvements and costs optimization
• Maintenance of containers/VMs templates and deployments
• Providing documentation and training
• Providing Normal Working Days support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Openness to challenges and changes, proactivity and team playing
• Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Mastery with versioning control systems (Git)
• Experience with shell scripting
• Experience with commercial cloud services and APIs (AWS, Google Cloud)
• Network competencies
• DevOps mindset, oriented to automation and continuous delivery
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge of advanced infrastructure management systems like AWS CloudFormation/Terraform
• Working knowledge of Python
• SQL or NOSQL DB
- API Technlogies
- Service Cloud
- Shell Script
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.