Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is seeking a a Cloud Middleware Engineer who will apply deep technical expertise in IBM and other middleware and cloud platform technologies, to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of the project middleware infrastructure.
This career opportunity is located in Belton, TX. If you reside outside the proximity, the role can be performed Remotely as well!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Troubleshoots and resolves middleware issues across development, testing, and production environments in both on premise and cloud environments.
• Performs deployments of custom and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) code/software.
• Installs, configures, and manages middleware applications located on premise and in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure platforms, working with internal service groups as required to ensure system availability and uptime meet project requirements.
• Develops scripts to automate systems administration and monitoring activities. Analyzes monitoring results to produce recommendations for improving performance and operational efficiency of middleware components.
• Works with CMIPS Infrastructure Architect on issues related to middleware infrastructure design and architecture, and assists with Proof Of Concept testing.
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions.
• As needed, assists with the development of Operations white papers, proposals, deliverables, and other documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills
• Strong UNIX/Linux system administration skills
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Familiarity with CA AutoSys Batch Scheduler, Moodle LMS, Drupal CMS, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket), Pitney Bowes Spectrum, ServiceNow, Quick Test Pro, Cloudian object storage arrays, Windows server technologies or equivalents.
• IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
• AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
• Strong Working knowledge of:
• Database technologies, preferably DB2.
• Local and Wide area networking technologies.
• Storage technologies including SAN and NAS.
• Experience in a customer-facing role on an outsourced/managed services project.
• Familiarity with SDLC and/or other systems development methodologies.
• Experience developing project plans and work breakdown structures.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,700K- $140K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Maintenance/Production Support
- SAP Business Objects
- Microsoft Azure
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.