Join our Commercial and Public Sector Team!
CGI is looking for senior project manager to provide project management expertise and work closely with our clients to successfully deliver an Oracle CC&B project.
Individual accountable for planning, monitoring and controlling the activities of the project team to successfully complete all expected deliverables within the time and effort budgets allocated in the overall Project Management Plan. (CIS Implementation)
This is a client facing role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
•Responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple teams (global – onshore and offshore) and/or requiring integration with 3rd party teams.
•At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
•In situations that require a hybrid project (traditional vs. agile) approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints .
•Assisting the client with project requirements to fit project needs and requirements.
• In performing these roles, the Project Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Ensure that there is adequate staffing on the project and that all staff are competent in procedures applicable to their roles.
• Maintain overall control of the schedule and the delivery of all expected deliverables.
•Prepare the management deliverables (e.g. project plan, work plan, management reviews, request for changes, outstanding issues and risks) and seeks approval when necessary
Notify the Engagement Manager, Program Manager, or Project Director of any issues and submit recommendations to resolve these issues.
•Take action on issues of non-compliance in quality and ensure all project products are in accordance with quality standards.
•Maintain ongoing contact with the client project manager and ensure ongoing close work relationship.
•Communicate plans, responsibilities and status to project stakeholders.
•Support Engagement Manager, Program Manager or Project Director in communicating plans and status to senior client stakeholders.
•Manage and communicate all outstanding issues, risks and decisions and change requests.
•Maintain project budget, review and track all project time and expenses, and performs monthly financial reporting and forecasting.
•Manage project scope, raises and documents Project Change Requests where applicable
Adhere to all requirements of the CGI Management Foundation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 7 to 10 years+ of related project management experience.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree, PMP in good standing preferred.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• A proven track record of successfully implementing Customer Information System (CIS) projects for Utilities or similar industry including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• Prior experience with Oracle CC&B (Customer Care and Billing) implementations, CIS, Billing systems or equivalent preferred.
• Prior experience with Utilities in the Ontario Marketplace.
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 30 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA and testing Personnel.
• Balanced business/technical background.
• Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Project Management tools such as MS Project, HP ALM or equivalent.
• Project effort of ≥ 7,000 person days
• Project revenues ≥ $5M
• Project duration of ≥13 months
• High risk level
• Involves > 2 CGI Business Units
• Involves > 2 geographical locations
• Highly complex relationship with client stakeholders
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.