If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex business challenges and have experience in using new technologies and approaches to solving them, then CGI’s insurance team are looking for a Solution Architect to help make that change happen in the market.
The insurance market is going through a fundamental shift pivoting to digital business models and the use of new technology to achieve that. The use of emerging technologies is now a standard within the industry and there has been huge investment in the InsurTech sector that is driving a new change agenda across both new entrants to the market and the established players.
CGI have been a long established part of the UK insurance market and our team is already at the heart of driving this shift to new business models and creating change within the industry. We are able to leverage our deep industry experience, our long history of doing difficult things well, while also bringing new technology and thinking to the market.
You will have the opportunity to work across a variety of different projects, including working on our existing product IP while also building out new future capabilities. You will also gain from working in an organisation that works across multiple business sectors from public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, bringing varied perspectives into your solutions. Our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone.
When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and we are certified as a Great Place to Work. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• To develop and assist with the design of solution architecture to support IT-enabled business change, working closely with multiple client stakeholders.
• Support the design and implementation of solutions for specific projects, bids or existing CGI IP, with your expert knowledge of technology, technique and method in a broad technology stack, and a good practical appreciation of architectural approaches and frameworks.
• Working with bid and project teams to understand the desired business outcomes of a solution, and ensure that the proposed solution architecture will address the client’s requirements.
• Lead and direct the alignment the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches where appropriate.
• Managing internal and external stakeholders effectively at the senior level. Able to work with various stakeholder priorities to achieve and maintain consensus on technical strategy and business implications.
• Coordinating plans and actions with engagement, project and sales teams. Define the strategic approach of the engagement and projects for ensuring consistency in documenting technical solutions at engagement, opportunity and project level to maximise the opportunity for re-use.
• Developing requirements for both small and large-scale solutions and systems. Overseeing the production and quality of the relevant architecture and solution design documentation through-out the project lifecycle
• Validating all aspects of complex solutions, including high-integrity, critical business, security and safety related applications. Ensuring the high level design is evolved into a detailed application architecture that delivers functional and non functional requirements
• Co-ordinate and lead the solution teams to ensure, for example, that;
o Appropriate technical representation is provided in analysis workshops to ensure that the business requirements are supported by the architecture and to influence the design to optimise the use of the chosen architecture.
o Best practice is documented and available, and followed within the development of the solution. Design patterns exist, are document and are followed for each common interaction through the technology stack, including responsibilities of each component in the technology stack and how each component interacts is fully understood
o Security is factored into application architecture with security zones and identify propagation approach defined. Cross cutting concerns such as resilience (including retries and graceful error handling); security (including RBAC and Data Segregation), manageability, and monitoring are addressed across the stack and within each component.
Responsible for the delivery of complete end-to-end solutions that demonstrably meet contractual requirements on time and to budget. Analysing and identifying causes of technical and corresponding commercial risk, delay and failure in projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ideally, you will have experience within the insurance industry (either General Insurance or London Market) or experience in Financial Services more broadly, however this is not essential and we will consider candidates with the right technical experience in other sectors
• You will be experienced in the latest developments in software development methodologies, and have good practical experience in running architecture within iterative or agile delivery programmes, and aware of the considerations required to support DevOps and CI/CD delivery approaches.
• You will demonstrate experience designing modern solution designs that include consideration for cloud native designs, API and Cloud first solutions, as well as component based service architectures.
• You will have experience in managing and directing technical personnel including Engineers, Information Security Consultants, Database Designers and Administrators and Infrastructure Engineers. This will include working with remote and distributed off-shore teams
• Ideally you will have experience of working with Azure and/or AWS PaaS/IaaS as part of solution design
• Most importantly, we are looking for someone who can engage effectively with external and internal stakeholders at all levels and navigate the delivery of a pragmatic approach to designing both cutting edge and complex technology solutions in an agile and fast-paced environment, to help our client’s journey towards digital transformation.
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.