We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Java Full Stack Developer, in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Banking Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leads and implements initiatives as required to deliver business objectives
• Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
• Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
• Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business for informed decision-making.
• Drive meetings with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including infrastructure, operations, applications, vendors and leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate development, define requirements and timelines.
• Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
• Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
• Leads/conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
• Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
• Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
• Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
• Supports production issues, includes independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
• Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
• Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and or equivalent industry experience
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated strong programming skills and hands-on experience in full-stack development with Angular v5 & up, Redux, Node.js and Java back-end development (SpringBoot, APIs, REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, Swagger, OpenAPI, Microservices architecture)
• Experience with Cloud services and DevOps concepts: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, BitBucket, Bamboo, Ansible, IaaS/PaaS technologies, etc.)
• Proven and demonstrable experience designing and implementing high volume, high availability applications with a very high degree of automation
• Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM setting – ability to manage multiple priorities; ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context
• Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-driven company.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.