Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Join a team that supports the local community while drawing on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is expanding in western Canada and we need your skills, passion, and dedication! The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer will be responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of AEM Web sites and applications. Site enhancements, support and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods are utilized to ensure the success of every AEM web project and initiative. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work under tight deadlines are required attributes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Operate effectively as a senior mentor and member of the development team
• Lead the team in the evaluation of requirements, identification, estimate and delegation of tasks for the design, development and implementation of projects and operational changes
• Design, code and test existing and new web sites based on detailed business requirements
• Assume responsibility for design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia and GUIs
• Understand and address web related issues
• Operate effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements, fixes and solutions
• Utilize storyboarding, wireframes and predesigns to prepare detailed and accurate specifications and estimates
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a collaborative team environment
• Develop and maintain reference material and documentation, including user guide/help sites
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven technical team leadership, estimation and task management experience
• Experience configuring Author and Publish instances, Dispatchers and other Replication agents
• Experience in Sling, JCR Repository, Solr and Apache Felix
• Experience with Responsive Design and mobile development using best practice and modern frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap and React
• Experience with some or all of the following: CSS, LESS, Sass, Ruby, Ajax, UML, and Wireframes
• Graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML5
• Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing UI usability
• SDLC including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
• Experience using and managing source codes using repositories such as SVN, GIT and TFS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Successful completion of a 2 year or longer Computer Science/Information Technology program achieving a Diploma or Degree a plus
• Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Kentico, or Interwoven
• Adobe Certified Expert certification for CQ and AEM development
- Adobe Experience Manager AEM
- Apache Solr
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.