Our purpose is to shape and evolve our business models, processes and systems, which support overall business strategies so that CGI becomes a better company for its members, its clients and its shareholders.
If you are of a curious nature, intuitive/critical thinker and effective communicator, this is the right job for you.
As a member of the Organizational Performance Team, the Business Analyst works in close relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of management to:
• Identify and analyze, business, processes and users needs and opportunities
• Participate and support the evaluation and development of business, processes and systems improvements and solutions (user stories, services descriptions, processes, …)
• Support the testing and implementation of the developed improvements and solutions.
They also provide insights on best practices and supports the development of business analysis methodology and tools.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Solicit and interpret conceptual business needs and document requirements collecting data from multiple sources
• Conduct detailed business analysis and impact analysis
• Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to capture user stories, conduct modelling activities, develop and evaluate solutions, etc.
• Identify and quantify risks relevant to business and systems requirements and recommend mitigation measures
• Identify process improvements and system enhancements opportunities
• Contribute to the identification, documentation and selection of the most appropriate solutions
• Develop and/or execute test plans and test cases including defining test conditions, tracking and documenting result
• Support definition and evolution of the business analysis methodology and tools
• Coach and support on business analysis methodology and tools
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• University degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in a relevant business analysis role in both IT and not IT related solutions
• Solid knowledge of business analysis methods, techniques and tools (IIBA certification an asset)
• Good understanding of various project methodologies and environments (Waterfall, Agile, SAFE, etc.)
• Working experience within a complex, multicultural global environment
• Experience in different project environments (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• Experience in tailoring analysis and presentation for different audiences
• Consulting experience
• Effective written and spoken communication skills in English (French an asset)
• Ability to structure and scope complex ideas, synthesize insights and develop solutions
• Active listening, good analytical sense and problem solving skills
• Good relationship building skills: able to build credibility; consensus and buy-in amongst stakeholders at all levels
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.