Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Financial Services
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. If you are an Outsystems Developer and are looking for the next step to move your career forward and learn exciting new skills and technologies, then CGI has an interesting role for you within our growing Outsystems Low Code Development team.
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development. OutSystems is a solution that combines the power of low-code development with advanced mobile capabilities, enabling visual development of entire application portfolios that easily integrate with existing systems.
Due to an expected increase in OutSystems projects, CGI’s Insurance team are looking for a number of Outsystems Developers at all levels of experience. We are happy to base you out of a range of different CGI offices, such as London, Reading, Bridgend or Leeds. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is quick to learn, takes ownership of issues and can help us build up a centre of excellence capability then this an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and be on the leading edge of new technologies.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team. Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The development and maintenance of business applications using the OutSystems platforms
• Working on various exciting Insurance focused proof of concepts
• Handling Client requirement & should be able to drive business to technology mapping discussions
• Follow the team’s scrum process as directed by the Scrum master
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Working closely with the project team including testing / design authority / project management, to ensure all work is completed to the required standard
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• We are open to considering Outsystems Developers early in their Outsystems journey as well as more experienced Outsystems Developer. Ideally, you will have had some previous experience within software engineering.
• For more experienced developers you will have a solid foundation in Software Engineering developing web or mobile applications ideally using .Net.
• Knowledge of C# and SQL languages.
• Flexible and responsive attitude to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
• You will have the drive and willingness to collaborate with others and will have a growth mind-set.
• You will have had some individual contributor towards the successful delivery on a large product or project with applied knowledge and participation in full lifecycle development.
• Some experience with building proofs of concept.
A Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and academic achievements valued.
OutSystems certification such as OutSystems Professional Certification, OutSystems Associate Reactive Developer or Mobile Developer Specialist (OutSystems 11)is a plus, but is not essential
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.