Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
The Senior IT Project Manager's role is to manage the project from initiation to post-implementation. The incumbent will be responsible for end-to-end integration delivery of the implementation and oversee several internal Project Managers. The Senior IT Project Manager must have strong expertise working on previous multi-million dollar budget projects with a strong software delivery focus and experience with multi-phase, multi-year complex Projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead a project with a 5 million dollar budget or more, with a duration of 12-18+ months and a team size of over 15 members. Able to manage 3-4 projects parallelly.
• Act as the primary delivery executive with accountability for contract management, engagement financials, client relationships, and service delivery quality.
• Build and maintain relationships with senior executives within our client organizations.
• Report on delivery status to executive bodies within the client organization and CGI.
• Developing and maintaining integrated project plans, work breakdown structures, and timelines
• Developing and maintaining cost estimates, resource plans, and any other documentation required to control the project budget and statements of work
• Proactively anticipating issues, organizational challenges and developing mitigating strategies
• Identify and develop new business opportunities.
• Ability to develop and build strong, productive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to lead and participate in executive-level business and technology discussions.
• Demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus, and driving multiple projects to completion
• Leading the project team through problem determination and issue resolution as required
• Communicating and reinforcing project methodologies and standards, developing all project artifacts as required, including issue management, risk management, and change management.
• Directing and leading the project team and providing ongoing advice and guidance.
• Manage and mentor project managers and other senior delivery consultants and their deliverables based on timelines established.
• Monitoring all testing and implementation activities, ensuring that all phases/aspects of testing are covered based on the project to ensure the project is delivered on time and budget.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Project Management Certification (PMP).
• University / College level degree in Information Technology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Minimum of 10 + years of Project delivery experience with strong experience managing budgets above 5 million dollars. Previous experience in roles such as Project Manager/Program Manager or Engagement Manager with full financial accountability.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong problem-solving and presentation skills.
• Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, and architecture will be useful for this role.
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Services
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.