Senior Project Manager (Telecom Industry)
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage development activities from initiation to post-implementation; there is a very heavy emphasis on managing delivery activities in this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead large-scale projects with significant budget and team size
• Build and maintain relationships with senior executives within our client organizations.
• Report on delivery status to executive bodies within the client organization and within CGI.
• Developing and maintaining integrated project plans, work breakdown structures and timelines
• Developing and maintaining cost estimates, resource plans and any other documentation required to control the project budget and statements of work
• Proactively anticipating issues and/or organizational challenges and developing mitigating strategies
• Managing client, vendor and technology relationships as required and making recommendations to senior management as the opportunities arise
• Ability to develop and build strong productive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus, and driving multiple projects to completion
• Leading the team through problem determination and issue resolution as required
• Communicating and reinforcing project methodologies and standards developing all project artifacts as required
• Manage and mentor project managers and other senior delivery consultants and their deliverables based on timelines established
• Monitoring all development and implementation activities ensuring that all phases/aspects of testing are covered based on the project to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Project Management Certification (PMP)
• Strong expertise with Agile development and SDLC activities from a Project Management perspective
• Experience in managing project at Telecom Industry (Wireline, Wireless, OSS/BSS, Network, Cloud)
• 10 years of Project delivery experience in the role of Project Manager or Engagement Manager with financial accountability, successful delivery of more than one project with complexity as defined by the following dimensions:
-Budget – $250K -$3million
-Duration –6-12 months
-Team Size – 5-10 team members or more
-Multiple stakeholders in a complex stakeholder environment
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving and presentation skills.
• Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, and architecture will be useful for this role
• Bilingual (English and French)
• GTA or Montreal are preferred locations (No travel is required).
• Familiar with SAFe Agile Delivery
- Client Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.