Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for Python/Groovy Developer to join our financial services team in one of our several CGI Offsite and Onshore Delivery Center locations. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are
Join a fast paced DevOps team to grow your career. High aptitude, desire to grow and the right attitude are key to success in this role.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
AWS DevOps Certification
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Candidate needs to have sound experience in development using Java or Python /Groovy/Shell Scripting and Unix
• Experience in writing Groovy/Python Scripts for executing commands on Jenkins for build/deploying application
• Experience in building application CICD pipeline using Jenkins, expertise in setting up CI/CD
• Experience in working with application GIT/Bit Bucket - branching strategy
• Experience in using Sonar for continuous inspection of application code to detect bugs, code smells and security vulnerabilities
• Experience in using Nexus Artifact repository & Component lifecycle management for given application
• Experience in automating application deployments, some exposure to application deployment to AWS Infrastructure
• Experience with full SDLC lifecycle, taking from Dev to Release
• Experience with Urban Code Deployment (UCD)
• Hands-on experience with developing using AWS services and using AWS CLI
• Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
• Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities using UrbanCode Deploy, Jenkins and Terraform.
• Experience developing web applications and services using any of the language Groovy, Python, Java, Ruby, shell scripting, NodeJS, Bash, Perl, React, Angular, C# etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2-3 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Pipeline as Code, Automated Single click Deployment, Configuration Management with large/mid-size application with production support
• 2-3 years of experience with AWS Cloud based DevOps practices, specially hands on experience with Cloud formation templates, Terraform
• 1-2 years of experience with Containerization and Orchestration with Kubernetes
• Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client's DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
• Knowledge on Site reliability engineering for infrastructure and application monitoring
• Develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell, Make) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins,codebuild, codepipeline), and infrastructure automation (Terraform ,Puppet, Chef ansible, etc.)
- Configuration Management
- Infrastructure as a Code
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.