Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
The CGI-GTO Network team, manages the different environments and network services for the internal CGI client as well as for some of our external clients; by offering solutions such as LAN/WAN connectivity, security, collaboration and unified communications and cloud computing (Cloud) located in our different Canadian data centres and through the world. The delivery of such a service catalogue allows us to constantly learn and expand our knowledge in Telecom concepts, products and solutions offered by various vendors, including Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto, VMware, Dell and Citrix.
• adaptability, curiosity
• results oriented, customer service focused, team player
• Takes initiative with rigour and commitment
• Ability to "think outside the box”
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As part of a team of 30+ consultants in a Network Service of more than one hundred members, you will contribute to the success of the team by:
• Establishing partnership with the client, analyzing the situation and agree on the desired deliverables.
• Translate needs to solutions to be approved by the Architecture Committee.
• Analyze network requirements and their impacts (LAN, WAN, SECURITY, IP TELEPHONY, WIRELESS) in the context of infrastructure projects.
• Produce documentation for the proper functioning of the infrastructure (diagrams, implementation plan, etc.) and the work of technicians and help desk support team.
• Edit telecommunications equipment configurations from the technical specifications of the implementation plan.
• Interface with various stakeholders (architects, PM, internal partners, operations) concerning projects, implementations and operations support.
• Evaluate the results, benefits and quality of service; adjust the response plan as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5-10 years’ experience in managing large, complex networks.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in related discipline in Technology.
• Extensive hands-on knowledge in networks (LAN / WAN) and Telecommunications.
• Knowledge of the OSI model and the main network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2, VLAN, VTP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, Spanning tree, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of the management and support of routers, switches, load balancer to and firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Citrix, etc.).
• Experience in producing network designs for Campus and Enterprise Data Centers.
• Technical certifications (Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.) would be an asset.
• Capacity to produce technical documentation in a clear and concise manner (Microsoft Visio).
• Ability to implement complex business solutions and taking into account both technical and financial aspects.
Other preferred requirements:
• Knowledge of Cloud network designs (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
• Knowledge of Python, Ansible, Software Defined Networking and Network Automation concepts.
• Knowledge of wireless technologies.
• Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, Tacacs, etc.).
• Knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSec remote access solutions to various customer sites).
• Knowledge of the management and support of IP telephony (Cisco).
• Experience in the implementation and support of network operations.
• Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability to Secret Level government clearance as required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.