Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
The CGI - GTO Montreal Network team, manages the different environments and network services for the internal CGI client as well as for some of our external clients; by offering solutions such as LAN/WAN connectivity, security, collaboration and unified communications and cloud computing (Cloud) located in our different Canadian data centres and through the world. The delivery of such a service catalogue allows us to constantly learn and expand our knowledge in Telecom concepts, products and solutions offered by various vendors, including Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto, Brocade, BigIP, VMware, Dell and Citrix.
• adaptability, curiosity
• results oriented, customer service focused, team player
• Takes initiative with rigour and commitment
• Ability to "think outside the box”
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As part of a team of 30+ consultants in a Network Service of more than one hundred members, you will contribute to the success of the team by supporting in the following:
• Network Administration - support, maintenance, redesign and implementation.
• Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams.
• Evaluate and estimate new telecom implementations (LAN, WAN, Security, etc…) to determine scope and effort required.
• Provide rotational 7x24 on-call support as required.
• Ability to work shifts, occasional after-hours and weekends, as required.
• Create reports as required including: Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
• Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Network strategies.
• Interface with various stakeholders (i.e.: Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc...) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues.
• Mentor other junior members within the team.
• Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Education: College or University Degree in a computer related field or related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years + of experience in a similar position in a large network environment.
• Experience in network operations and implementation and a good understanding of LAN, WAN and firewall management methodologies.
• Solid understanding of switching and routing protocols including STP, VTP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
• Extensive Experience in some or all of the following:
o Cisco Switches and Routers.
o Cisco Load Balancers (ACE).
o Cisco Firewalls (ASA 55XX) using Command Line Interface (CLI) and Cisco Security Manager (CSM).
o Juniper Firewalls.
o F5 Local traffic managers & Global traffic managers
o Check Point Firewalls/VPN appliances.
o Sound knowledge of DNS and VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, etc)
• Certifications Cisco : CCNA, CCNP ou équivalent preferred
• Certifications Check Point : CCSA, CCSE preferred
• Motivated, Organised Ressource, able to work efficiently on individual tasks as well as Team Projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• UNIX/Linux scripting and administration as well as Cisco CCIE (an asset)
• Bilingualism (English-French) is required.
• Eligibility to obtain Enhanced reliability to Secret Level government clearance preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.