Business Unit Planner
New/Recent Grad Business Unit Planner:
CGI has a unique and challenging opportunity for an individual with strong organizational ability, a keen analytical mind, a strong team player and a desire to work with CGI's senior leaders to help to plan and support CGI as we continue to grow. The role will allow the successful candidate access to a wide range of strategic initiatives to be a part of, which will provide visibility to the latest industry trends and a global perspective.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to showcase their academic background combined with an ambitious entrepreneurial spirit and an affinity to work closely with CGI's senior-level management.
If you are a recent graduate, or an individual with a few years of experience who is keen to be involved in Canada's largest and fastest growing technology consulting company, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Overall Duties Include:
i. Strategy & planning:
• Work closely with the senior leadership team to plan, coordinate and develop Fiscal Budget & Annual Business Plan
• Track the progress of BU strategic imperatives and manage evolving requirements as needed to achieve objectives
• Work directly with senior management and support teams (Sales, Finance, Operations, HR) to provide analysis to key functional groups and overall operations
• Independently lead and coordinate compilation of required material for corporate and BU internal discussions
• Provide strategy development support working with vertical leaders and provide analytical input to executive team members on an ad hoc basis
• Produce executive-level presentations for key client pitches and meetings
• Maintain flexibility to accommodate competing priorities of senior executives involved in planning activities
• Provide frequent industry research and analysis for director team to drive thought leadership
ii. Management reporting:
• Plan & manage senior-level team management activities:
Weekly Business Unit operations sessions
Monthly Business Unit Management Committee meetings
Captured & distributed insights and actions
• Create & coordinate management reporting for the Business unit to the corporation
• Gather input at all levels of the organization to generate and deliver presentations accurately and in a timely fashion
• Develop templates, manage updates, and track data integrity / consistency
iv. Events planning
• Plan & manage special events, meetings, and initiatives and create related presentations materials (e.g. management team off sites, sales kickoffs)
• Organize, schedule, plan, and create presentations for regular Business unit activities such as quarterly town halls and annual year-end meetings
• Participate in and provide guidance for general member event planning activities
• Compose, coordinate, and manage all BU level communications
• Ensure consistent BU messaging to corporate and facilitate distribution of corporate communications with BU management team
• Maintain the internal BU site
Ideal Candidate would be someone who is:
• Recent graduate (Undergraduate or MBA) with 2 years’ experience in consulting / strategy / analytics / project management roles
• An action-oriented, entrepreneurial person who is a self-starter, and can work independently as well as in team
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and is able to deliver work in a fast paced environment
• Detail-Oriented and an analytical problem solver with strong oral & written communication skills
• Have the ability to be a quick-learner and can self-manage multiple work streams
• Team player and is comfortable interacting with senior executives at all levels
• Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.