Senior .Net Technical Lead/Systems Analyst
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior Microsoft .Net Technical System Analyst to play a Technical Lead role within our Property and Casualty Insurance Sector in Toronto.
Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Property and Casualty Insurance Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role will lead and collaborate with technical/software development teams in the analysis, design, development and deployment of business critical applications. The individual will provide effective function as "Subject Matter Expert" in the development of core insurance business systems, using comprehensive processes and methodologies to achieve quality delivery. In addition, the position will provide in-house technical support, develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures for quality assurance, system stability, control of change, and risk mitigation.
• Lead or collaborate (as required) with technical teams of 1 to 15 resources - train, retrain and supervise full-time and/or contract software developers and other technical staff as necessary.
• Provide leadership and direction to ensure software developers are working effectively and successfully at completing tasks.
• Assist in preparation of project plans, monitor project progress, and report status to stakeholders and management - Provide project-specific and client-specific information processing services to the business.
• Maintain build and release plans for new functionality and enhancements.
• Plan work, assign resources, identify issues and resolve conflicts.
• Establish and manage procedures for reviewing, estimating, and accepting development work requests
• Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects and others to translate business ideas and functional requirements into high-level design, low-level design and technical requirements for development projects including middleware integrations
• Coordinate and participate in the analysis, design, development, unit testing and maintenance of mission-critical business applications
• Participate in R&D, Introduce effective software development practices and methodologies aimed at controlling costs and delivering quality solutions on a timely basis while building a strong well-motivated development team
• Represent development teams at partner and management meetings
• Work with subcontractors and business partners to ensure completion of agreed activities
• Liaise with clients to ensure successful implementation of new initiatives
• Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses as necessary
• Remain abreast of relevant technology developments
• Provide end-to-end technical delivery leadership to projects.
• Prepare/review high-level and detailed design documents for IT projects, to meet both functional and non-functional requirements and submit for formal approval from the stakeholders.
• Update requirement traceability matrix
• Perform analysis and defect triage during different phases of testing
• Prepare Development Integration testing test plan and review and approve related test cases.
• Perform code reviews and review and approve completed code review forms.
• Resolve conflicts/issues of medium to high complexities and escalate as appropriate.
• Analyze and Document lessons learned for each initiative.
• Participate in 3rd party vendor evaluation sessions and fill out evaluation forms
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years experience leading technical teams in the design, development and implementation of business-critical enterprise software using , Microsoft technologies & concepts
• Strong Working experience in:
o Integration design and implementation
o Applied experience in MS .NET (C#, VB, WSE) Application Architecture, Visual Studio
o Web Services (SOAP, REST), including WS security and interoperability
o XML and SQL
o DB2, MS SQL, Oracle
• Agile methodology experience
• Experience with all aspects of the software development process
• Experience with standard project management practices
• Experience working with Software Engineering Tools such as Bitbucket, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Zephyr, Performance Centre etc.
• Experience as a Technical Lead/SSA on technology projects
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work within a fast paced environment
• Extensive experience with industry standard software development methodologies
• Proven technical proficiency
• Demonstrated ability to perform high quality work
• Working experience/knowledge of Object-oriented design, UML, XSLT, X Path, COM+, ODBC, WSDL, IDE, SQL Query Analyzer, Tomcat 5.0, IIS web server, UDDI, SOAP, ADO MD, Solaris, Windows & Linux, MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, SQL in MS SQL server.
• Strong Analysis and Design skills in a multi-tier environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent training & presentation skills
• Demonstrated supervision and team leadership skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent software projects
• Top-notch problem solving skills
• Excellent teamwork skills and a service-oriented attitude
• Must be able to speak with management and clients and present technical information in a clear, concise manner
• Must create and maintain positive peer and client relationships
• Requires the ability to speak with non-technical staff about technical issues Interacts with all levels of the organization.
Nice to Have:
• Property and Casualty insurance experience preferred, but will consider strong Life/Health Insurance experience.
• HP Exstream experience/knowledge
• Guidewire system experience
• Message Broker/eSQL
• Knowledge of data modelling
• Knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects and Cognos
• JBOSS Server knowledge
- API Technlogies
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.