Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for an Agile Coach to guide project delivery teams through coaching and mentoring. As an Agile coach, you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of agile based activities and leading the development project team to implement iterative releases driven by the program. The Agile Coach will provide ‘change agent’ leadership in the area of agile best practices and transformation for the teams in the organization using the SAFe® Framework.
As an Agile Coach, you will lead the coaching of multiple, distributed teams collaborating as ARTs, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation at a program/portfolio level. Your role includes direct coaching and support to projects. You should have strong Agile Project Management experience to also provide direct support in larger projects and SME support to all other teams to drive Agile at an enterprise level. You will coach RTEs, Product Owners/Managers, Scrum Masters, and team members towards performing at their highest level and transitioning away from waterfall processes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the latest trends and evolutions of agile methodologies and can articulate a vision on it
• Create and drive organization-wide Agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
• Provide Agile coaching to teams on all aspects of Agile project management framework, with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in a consultant model.
• Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with agile methods.
• Enable the continual improvement of software development projects. This includes better predictability of scheduling, improvement of productivity, emphasis for quality of delivery commitments.
• Coach teams and management towards improving agile processes and metrics. Help with new Scrum team setup or evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams. Deliver training classes as part of coaching for roles including product owners, developers and testers.
• Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements.
• Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile guidance, training materials and content.
• Guide the organization towards Agile maturity by organizing workshops and presentations.
• Bring disclosure and transparency to the business and earn the trust of the stakeholders.
• Participate in Agile knowledge communities; continuously share and improve related practices and knowledge.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- 8+ years in the use of Agile methodologies and supporting tools
- 2+ years working in an Agility training/coaching role with exposure to large organizational transformations
- Must have enterprise-level Agile and organizational change management experience
- Solid background utilizing an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe) in software development
- Solid oral, written, and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a variation of Agile process.
- Experience coaching and mentoring software teams on Agile process transitions.
- Experience in creating and delivering Agile training/workshop
- Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Project management experience within Agile software development teams and environments
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification
- Solid technical software development and delivery background
- Safe Program Consultant (SPC) certification or Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) Certification
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Organization Leadership, or a related field
Due to the nature of government contract US citizenship is required
- PMI-ACP® Certification
- Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) certification
- Experience with Scaled Agile (preferably SAFe) implementations
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.