Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a storage & backup administrator you will be responsible for implementing changes, provide operational maintenance and support of various technologies and products that are typical of an enterprise environment; these technologies may include but not limited to the following:
Enterprise storage, enterprise backups, disk-based backup hardware, tape backup hardware, Enterprise backup/recovery software, Backup staging arrays, SAN switch configuration and administration. Virtualized systems, Standalone physical systems,
• The storage & backup administrator is expected to work on various assignments, monitor alerts, monitor ticket queues and manage escalations. Be available for 24X7 on call support.
• Ensure changes are implemented in a production environment without impact.
• Providing oversight of the storage/backup footprint including documentation.
• Participate in new projects - Design, Implementation and ongoing support.
• Provide storage/backup reporting.
• Provide Level 3 expertise for break/fix issues.
• DR planning and simulation.
• Keeping up to date with storage vendor and backup vendor product offerings along with industry trends.
As a Backup & Storage Administrator on our team, you will be working on several initiatives within the business. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and at times external clients. If you have experience in Backup and Storage Administration and are excited about continuous learning opportunities we want to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring hardware for errors. Storage Array’s, FC Switches, Appliances and servers
• Provisioning storage for physical or virtual servers.
• Creating, deleting and resizing disk pools.
• Perform zoning
• Manage Fiber Channel switches.
• Perform FAB OS upgrades
• Provide reporting on SAN and Storage Array’s
• Maintain management tools like Broadcom Network Advisor and Hitachi Command Suite
• Address vulnerabilities identified with Managementt tools, storage array’s and fiber channel switches.
• Manage and maintain Backup environments running Netbackup and CommVault. Tape & disk based backups.
• Deploy Backup agents, OS and Application.
• Monitor and address ticket queues for Backup and Storage related Incidents, Change Requests and Work Orders
• Participate in the design and planning of Backup and Storage solutions.
• Create, Maintain infrastructure documentation as well as any documentation required for a specific engagement.
• Design, pland and participate in Disaster Recovery solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with managing Hitachi Storage Arrays.
• Experience managing Storage Area Networks
• Experience with managing CommVault and Netbackup data protection environments
• A solid understanding of Data Backup and Recovery.
• Experience with Hyper-V and VMware.
• Excellent communication skills speaking and writing.
• Holding a secret clearance for that position is mandatory.
• Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
• Aptitude for application-level support, migration and deployment activities
• Familiarity with other storage vendors like NetApp, EMC, and IBM.
• Familiarity with other backup solutions like, VEAM
• Familiarity with big data concepts. Like Hadoop.
• Windows and Linux administration
• Experience with ITIL and Agile management processes.
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
• Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.