We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior DevOps Engineer, in our Telecom Services Division.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of managed services from IT and business process outsourcing to systems integration and consulting that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the tooling that makes up the infrastructure platform as well as working with the teams that consume its services.
This individual needs to be able to comfortably interact with development teams, product owners and business stakeholders in order to develop a service that can meet their needs by prioritizing and developing new features and integrations.
The infrastructure engineer will also play a consulting role to development and operations teams, helping them to create standards, automate tasks, increase reliability and performance of applications and tooling.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• At least 8 yrs experience in IT in a Software Development environment
• 5+ years experience supporting and managing RedHat LINUX operating systems
• Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills with a focus on performance tuning, security hardening and high availability
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as App Dynamics, ELK, Splunk, Zabbix and Prometheus
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc
• Experience managing and deploying development tooling such as Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, etc.
• Knowledge of modern software development practices
• Experience with automated image build utilities like Packer and package managers like RPM
• Knowledge of infrastructure design, provisioning, and management
• Experience with container runtimes and schedulers such as Kubernetes or Mesos
• Strong understanding of load balancing and TLS
• Strong scripting skills in Bash and at least one high level language such as Python or Ruby
• Experience working with security governance and audit teams and driving security standards
• Excellent communication skills
• Need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly to business and executive staff
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.