Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI Calgary is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with expertise in Azure & AWS platforms to assist our clients with their digital transformation projects. In this multifaceted role, you will join our emerging technologies team and help drive the delivery of some of the most exciting IT projects in Western Canada!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design DevOps ecosystem and solutions for clients
• Implementation of DevOps Automations
• Provide strategies and mentorship based on DevOps experience
• Support clients with Cloud Operations evolution for DevOps
• Interacting with clients from all levels
• Participate in multiple assignments simultaneously
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Certified DevOps Engineer (AWS or Azure)
• Validated experience in hands-on DevOps implementations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment with limited supervision
• DevOps Automation (e.g. infrastructure as code such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
• Configuration Management (e.g. Git)
• Containerization Tool (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Integration/Build Tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps Pipelines)
• Version Control (e.g. Git, GitHub, Azure DevOps)
• Scripting Languages (e.g. C, C++, Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby scripting, SQL, XML, Java/J2EE, YAML)
• Monitoring Tools (e.g. Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Elastic)
• Methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL and Waterfall)
• Cloud Technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, RedHat, OpenStack)
Nice To Have:
• DevSecOps certifications
• Solution Architecture certifications
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Azure DevOps
- Cloud Computing
- DevOps Engineering
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.