Give your career a boost.
The information technology (IT) sector is in the midst of an extraordinary period. Organisations’s digital transformation is accelerating, and CGI is at the forefront of this evolution. We accompany our clients in their transformation and innovation process, which allows us to offer our professionals exciting career opportunities.
CGI’s success rests on the talent and engagement of our professionals. Together, we take on challenges and share in the benefits derived from our company’s growth. This approach reinforces our shareholder-owner culture, all our professionals thus benefit from the value we collectively create.
Join us to participate in the growth of one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) and business consulting companies.
You love technology? You like working with people and data on actual projects? You are curious by nature and like to challenge established ideas? If you are a passionnate person with contagious energy, have demonstrated initiative and like teamwork, we would like you to read the following!
As a developer part of the Business Intelligence Competency Center, you develop SQL program scripts according to specifications received. The solutions developed will meet the requirements, perform well and have quality built-in.
The ideal candidate will design, develop and maintain SQL scripts. Be it for stored procedures or others, you will develop, explain and document how to use them in a way that meets the application’s requirements. You should be able to grasp quickly the business’s objectives. You will use your analytical mind to design or evolve applications that generate or consume data. You know how to use MS SQL related development tools and also create complex data definition or manipulation programs in relational databases (DDL and DML).
• Development of database objects:
o Explore various development options taking into account existing components, data sources and restrictions
o Collaborate with test personnel in order to test and validate that the programs are compliant with requirements
o Perform data analysis and validate data quality
o Support production promotion, transition and conversion with his/her expertise and experience.
• Creation and maintenance of data objects:
o Gather and validate the identified data and persist it
o Execute, update and distribute the newly created objects, data sets and results
o Implement solutions with a high degree of quality and structure that comply to established data standards and best practices
• Project / deployment support:
o Support and participate in massive data creation or update efforts
o Execute deployment processes according to procedure
• Data Quality:
o Participate in data profiling and data analysis in order to produce the required reports to promote the improvement of data
o Participate in tests and development of tools to uncover anomalies that reduce data quality
• College or university degree in computer scirence preferably in business intelligence or databases.
• 3-5 years of experience as an SQL developer
• 2-3 years of experience related to Microsoft database technologies
• 2-3 years of relevant experience, notably with the SQL language and also in stored procedure development or other programmed objects preferably in SQL Server
• Practical experience and deep knowledge of Microsoft products such as Azure, SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, MDS, DQS
• Knowledge about the differences between structured, unstructured and cloud databases
• Capacité de mettre en place et d’opérer un nombre significatif de requêtes et de transactions dans un système de gestion des données
• Attention to details and results
• Customer oriented with a strong emphasis on communication
• Easily adapts to changing environments and frequent system updates
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL relational, or not, DBMS such as HBase, postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase
• Experience with streaming technologies: Storm, Spark-streaming, etc
• Experience with object oriented languages or scripts: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
Sherbrooke, Eastern Township area
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.