Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do, then join CGI as an IT Service Management (ITSM) consultant in our Advisory Practice providing Service Management guidance to new and existing clients across a range of service elements.
This role could be based at any UK sites, with particular requirement for the South West (Chippenham, Bristol, Gloucester). You will be required to travel 2-3 days per week (post pandemic).
The role will require candidates to already hold, or be eligible and willing to hold, UK Security Clearance to SC level and higher level clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As part of the successful Service Advisory Practice within GTO UK, our Service Management Consultants work alongside a wide variety of clients to support them with service solutions throughout the service management lifecycle. We are now seeking to develop a small team of suitably cleared specialists within the practice that will focus specifically on the evaluation, assurance and acceptance of secure IT services:
• Validating the Service Management strategy,
• Assuring the operating model and process framework to implement it,
• Verifying the design of new solutions,
• Reviewing and assessing transition plans, developing new plans where needed
• Supporting the acceptance into service (transition to operations)
We draw on practical experience – our own and from CGI’s delivery to a broad client base – and use real world examples and operational subject matter experts to underpin our messages and recommendations.
Our Service Management consultants will also support the development and extension of the Service Advisory practice and be keen to both coach junior consultants and self-develop through training, attending and presenting at workshops and networking events and producing white papers.
Service Management is changing rapidly with new process framework and technology trends introduced constantly; therefore, our team has an appetite for learning and becoming skilled in these to guide our clients.
Key technology / process areas include:
• Agile / SecDevOps
• Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM)
• Service Management Tooling (Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA, other leading tools)
• Updating service management processes to support modern cloud services
• Automation (particularly AI at the Service Desk and automation of Service Management tasks)
• Much of the work will be on client sites; therefore, there will be requirements to travel within the UK and work away from home on a regular basis. Due to the secure service focus of this team, even during the pandemic there is likely to be a need to attend client sites on a regular basis with home working in between.
• Support the on-going development of Advisory offerings, identifying Business Development opportunities to drive advisory services sales growth
• Use business analysis skills and our maturity assessment tools to assess client issues and present on key challenges and recommendations.
• Provide input into consultancy bids – proposal writing, solution design, costing
• Carry out assignments on client sites to augment their service management capability for a specific project, such as tooling upgrades or supplier on-boarding
• Process design, workflow simulation, performance improvements and helping to define key roles and responsibilities as part of target operating model design
• Continually develop and improve our consultancy tools and process collateral
• Provide consultancy support to complex ITSM programmes e.g. SIAM design and transition
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Have exceptional communication and presentation skills covering both technical and business concepts to bring the client on a transformation journey
• Identify and progress opportunities to sell Service Management Advisory services that can span from short term on-site consulting projects, to resource augmentation, and complex large scale projects.
• A strong interest in and understanding of all aspects of service management. A drive to continually learn and develop
• Extensive experience of operating across the Service Management Lifecycle
• Experience of process implementation and improvement
• Ability to produce written material (reports, case studies, proposals etc.) to a high standard
• Experience of IT project management
• Ability to gather requirements and articulate these to all parties
• Confidence to effectively converse with clients and manage stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating capability to create valuable networks
• Ability to construct creative and compelling presentations and deliver these confidently and clearly to audiences.
• Ability to adapt experience to accommodate diverse scenarios sometimes outside your natural comfort zone
• Draw on strong stakeholder management and communication skills to gather requirements and to provide guidance on how to design and develop service management as a strategic asset
• Experience of operating in uncertain environments, providing leadership and guidance
• Familiar with the implications of organisational change and methods of enabling successful change
Experience of IT service delivery areas in addition to IT Service Management and Service Desk, including but not limited to:
• End User Support Services
• Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Infrastructure Support / Cloud Services
• Multi-vendor Supplier Management
• Complex Applications Portfolio Management
ITIL Expert or significant progress towards the qualification
Demonstrated Skills and Experience
Essential: Significant practical experience of operational Service Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.