This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production to ensure business continuity at good service levels.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Transitioning SAS ETL and reporting Capabilities from incumbent vendor. Understanding current functional domain knowledge and brining in the required technical expertise to provide better customer service levels while ensuing business continuity.
• Meeting with product owners to gather data and Functional requirements including current state process documentation.
• Designing and supporting ETL, Data storage & access solutions with Global teams.
• Testing and debugging SAS Code base.
• Coordinating with the other teams to support data/design changes and incident resolution within defined SLAs , OLAs.
• Working with end users and development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards
• Migrating and integrating code to production
• Deploying alerting and audit mechanisms for scheduled jobs.
• Ensuring that Quality Assurance test plans are executed before releasing product enhancements for user acceptance testing
• Providing production support, troubleshooting and resolving any production issues that may arise.
• Automating CICD processes, Test Automation.
• Performance tuning
• Co-ordinate, lead and work with global delivery teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Specific qualifications for the SAS Developer position will include:
• Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university
• Minimum of 3+ years – strong skills in Base SAS scripting, SAS DIS (SAS® Data Integration Studio), SAS EG (Enterprise Guide).
• Hands on experience in SAS DIS – ETL development and Support lifecycle (SAS ETL Studio)
• Adept at DB2 Data modelling and SQL scripting (DB2, SQL Database knowledge)
• Exposure to BI Reporting tools like Power BI , tableau or SSRS.
• Base SAS Certified Developer, certified SAS Data Integration Developer
• Worked on Upgradation projects – upgrade from Base SAS to EG, DIS.
• Knowledge / experience in the Financial (Banking, Insurance) domain.
• Experience working in DevOps teams and DevOps processes
• Sharepoint or MS Dynamics knowledge.
• Strong presentation and documentation skills - Should be proactive communicator
• Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills, Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Experience in deploying solutions using version control systems – automated CICD solutions.
• Familiarity with Agile development principles
• Working experience with Global delivery teams.
- SAS Base
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Macro
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.