Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Are you an infrastructure expert with a development background or a developer with infrastructure or operations experience? Are you interested in being part of a DevOps team with a focus on cloud? Do you have a desire to deliver the best quality and contribute to a culture of continuous learning and cross training? Are you the fuel to fire a team to learn and deliver, while spreading the benefits of DevOps across the enterprise in new creative solutions?
The DevOps Engineer works with multiple clients in an outsourcing environment to enable the consumption of cloud services through the application and maturation of DevOps principles and practices. With a focus on overall application resilience, and more specifically scalability, availability, maintainability, automation, performance, and security, you will work with client and internal teams to perform myriad activities contributing to automating deployments and solutioning load management strategies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
•Perform activities in the domains of CI / CD, build and release engineering, artifact management, and other build and relase concerns, typically with a focus on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and cloud-native services.
•Implement new solutions and / or support existing clients while driving cost effective client focused solutions in an iterative manner.
•Work within a cohesive team to balance priorities, shift responsibilities, and cross-train on a continuous basis.
•Research, develop, and recommend emerging technologies, as well as design and implementation patterns for those technologies, and help others to do the same.
•Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A degree in Computer Science or at least five (5) years equivalent practical experience.
• DevOps experience in a production environment, preferably multi-client.
• Experience with at least one public cloud service provider (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services), including understanding of software defined networks, servers, and storage - certifications in cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) are preferred, but will not be considered in lieu of experience.
•A solid understanding of the principles and concepts that make DevOps organizations. successful: Software Build and Release Engineering, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Lean principles, and strong problem solving skills.
• Experience with Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, or similar)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Experience with at least one Infrastructure as Code tool (Terraform, CloudForms, ARM Templates).
• Experience with at least one Configuration Management tool (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. Ansible is preferred).
• Knowledge of at least one programming language (C / C++ / C#, Go, Java, Visual Basic, etc.)
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, etc.)
• Knowledge of monitoring and alerting concepts (Log Aggregation, SIEM, Event Detection, Alerting, etc.) and tools (syslog, ELK, ArcSight, fluentd, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, or similar)
• Experience with the following, or similar, tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Nexus, and Rundeck
- Production Control&Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.