You've seen the rest, now check out the best – CGI was once again recognized in the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada and we were also just named as a Best Workplace for Women in 2021!
Take your game to the next level. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, extensive training/developing programs and flexible work schedules as a member of a diverse and talented team of system administrators.
Seeking a technically competent and results oriented individual for the position of Network Designer/Architect at our Montreal, PQ or Mississauga, ON location.
Join a team of experienced and motivated IT professionals who are passionate about emerging technology. The network Designer/Architect is part of a core group of technical professionals that manage and support the IT infrastructure in CGI Data Centre environments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is eager to share knowledge and experience, someone that finds excitement learning and working with network automation, cloud technologies and Next-gen security solutions. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology platforms. We offer a dynamic work environment and numerous career advancement opportunities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, designing and implementation of network changes.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and fix complex network problems, make recommendations for enhancements.
- Propose new architectures based on enhancements recommendations.
- Make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards.
- Produce network design document based on architectures, perform review of network designs documents based on architecture requierments.
- Assist other members in design and implementation plans to meets requirements.
- Perform network asset management, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Maintain configuration standards on networking devices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Must possess good communication skills.
Advanced understanding of the OSI model.
Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
Ability to work in a team-oriented over multi clients environment
Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
Advance Network troubleshooting skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities
Successful candidates need a background in all aspects of networking technologies:
- Advanced knowledge of DHCP/DNS/NTP/SNMP
- Deep understanding of STP, EVPN, VxLAN, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PBR, DMVPN, QoS, MPLS, VPLS, Segment Routing, IPSEC, etc.
- Network security: NG Firewall, including IDS/IPS
- Network Automation [Ansible, Terraform]
- Network function virtualization [NFV]
- Software Define Networking [SDN]
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.