CGI is a leading provider of ground segment software for the World’s most advanced telecommunications satellites. As part of our ongoing growth in this exciting area we are looking for a number of talented Solutions Architects (m/f/d) at various levels with a proven background in software engineering to join the team and lead technical aspects of one or more customer initiatives to develop cutting edge Space and Telecommunications solutions. This is a rare opportunity to own the technical vision for and drive the construction of World-leading, next generation of IT solutions using technologies such as software-defined networks, big data and predictive analytics driven by AI.
The Solutions Architect (m/f/d) will be responsible for owning the overall technical vision of one or more active satcom client engagements, leading a team of technical and/or solution architects and engineers, and leading discussions with the client technical team.
The key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Analysing customer requirements involving complex and bespoke technical aspects
• Trade off studies to ensure technical solutions are feasible and can deliver against requirements
• Designing, developing and preparing Ground Segment solution designs for Satellite Communication Constellations
• Chairing solution design reviews
• Ground segment engineering, solution development, documentation and test planning
• Reviewing supplier technical proposals
• Leading meetings involving customers, subcontractors and/or technology suppliers
• Maintain awareness of satellite communications technology trends – both in space and on the ground
• Reviewing and providing comments and inputs on technical documentation and presentations relating to products and solutions
Candidates are required to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully architecting, delivering and supporting software-based ground segment systems for satellite operators; particularly network management, capacity and resource planning systems and system performance management ground systems. Candidates should have experience of modern solution architecture paradigms and of the underlying technologies that allow these systems to be built at scale and distributed across multiple remote locations.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in a technical discipline – e.g. Computer Science, Science or Engineering
- Strong Solutions Architect and software design background with a proven track record in a software development environment or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience with various software development lifecycles, design patterns, design to cost, assurance, standards, networking, security and risk based engineering practices
- Good understanding of satellite communications systems engineering, specializing in LEO satellite communications.
- Working level knowledge of IP Networking and flow design (MPLS)
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications link budget principles.
- Ability to review and challenge suppliers on their technical products, reports and observed performance;
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering in order to be able to:
o Lead and deliver Complex Solution Designs
o Work with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Ability to work within and sometimes lead a small team to complete the required accountabilities in a professional and timely manner;
- Ability to produce reports and presentations clearly showing analysis and suggestions to stakeholders, internally and externally;
- Experience of working on multiple projects/tasks;
- Good knowledge of the English language (both written and verbal);
- Prioritisation and organisational skills;
- Strong communication, presentational and interpersonal skills.Excellent client facing skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude and an inquisitive nature
- Experience of working within the Space sector with satellite communication operators and/or ESA
- Experience of Big Data/data lakes, SDN, AI and other emerging technologies
- Certification of systems in accordance with prescribed safety and security standards
- Experience with UML modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect and requirements management and analysis toolsets
- TOGAF or similar
- Experience in mobile cellular network technologies (2G, 3G, LTE, 5G) and/or ISP networks and systems
- Exposure to business development and the pre-sales cycle
What we offer
CGI offers our employees an exciting and flexible work environment in which to build their careers. This is especially reflected within our Space business which offers a corporate culture built around diverse teams, international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication.
CGI’s values emphasise our commitment to work in partnership with our clients by providing objectivity and integrity in all of our undertakings, whilst also delivering quality solutions and services. We also place a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility, encouraging and supporting our employees in the continuous improvement of the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities in which they live and work. This is further reflected in the company’s commitment to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Consistent with our dream of creating an environment in which we enjoy working together, CGI is committed to fostering and maintaining professional workplaces that respect the dignity of all members. CGI is unconditionally inclusive and we are constantly evolving and creating new network that support and promote the richness of our diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization.
In addition to the above, CGI offers the following:
• A highly competitive salary package including a significant performance-related component, based on overall business performance
• At CGI, we view our professionals as company owners. A set percentage of your salary can be invested in CGI shares, and CGI matches your contribution, up to a set maximum.
• Flexible working hours and conditions to optimise your work/life balance
• Company car & bicycle leasing schemes
• JobTicket for public transport throughout Hessen, for both business and personal use
• Emergency childcare support
• A strong focus on continued learning and development
• An exciting, challenging and diverse environment where you can grow your career as part of a great team
• A great corporate culture built around international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication
• A company committed to be carbon neutral by 2030 with a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility – contributing to the communities we live in.
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Insights you can act on
Der Motor für die digitale Transformation unserer Kunden ist die Technologie – der Antrieb für den Erfolg unseres Unternehmens sind die Menschen.
Als Berater:in bei CGI genießt du das Vertrauen deiner Kolleg:innen und Kunden. In der Zusammenarbeit gewinnst du Erkenntnisse, die zu wertvollen und nachhaltigen Lösungen führen. Unsere Mitarbeitenden heißen „Member“, weil sie am Erfolg beteiligt werden und gemeinsam ein Unternehmen gestalten, auf das wir alle stolz sind. Diesen Traum haben wir seit 1976, und er hat uns dorthin geführt, wo wir heute stehen: Wir sind einer der weltgrößten unabhängigen Dienstleister für IT und Business Consulting.
Bei CGI erkennen wir den Mehrwert von Vielfalt. Wir wollen ein Arbeitsumfeld schaffen, dem sich alle zugehörig fühlen, und fördern zusammen mit unseren Kunden die Inklusion. Bei uns haben alle die gleichen Chancen, erfolgreich zu sein und sich weiterzuentwickeln. Solltest du im Recruiting-Prozess Unterstützung benötigen, sind wir für dich da.
Bist du bereit, Teil unserer Erfolgsgeschichte zu werden? Komm zu CGI – wo du mit deinen Ideen und deinem Engagement etwas bewirkst.