Our Application Support Analysts are trusted to help deliver transformative digital work for high profile private and public sector clients. Working within our Central Government business unit, you’ll have the opportunity to play an important role, working on rewarding projects that help keep the UK’s public safe. From cutting-edge projects to essential infrastructure, our work has a wide reach. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving peoples’ lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace' by Great Place To WorkTM in 2021, and offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
This role can be worked largely remotely, with some expensed travel as required.
All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Security Check (SC) level.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As an Application Support Analyst you’ll need a combination of systems and IT based skills. This role will require significant client-interaction experience, so customer relationship skills are vital.
You will be involved in the following:
• Provision of second line application support
• Client communication on a day to day basis
• Providing solutions to application related Incidents and Problems
• Working within SLA parameters in the provision of a high quality application support service
• Operational Change and support activites
• Responding to and acting on customer issues/requests and recognition of client priorities
• Attendance of client meetings as necessary
• Assisting in software deployments
• Day to day monitoring of aspects of the application
A CGI career will offer you a complete tech experience, where you have control over your future.
You’ll also discover:
• A unique level of variety across different clients
• Interesting and challenging projects to stretch your skills
• Training and support specifically tailored to give you the right skills for your career/role – including accreditation
• Impactful work that makes a real difference in our communities
• A supportive tech community across CGI, with regular meet-ups, discussions and shared best practice.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of working in an application and user support environment
• Understanding of support processes and experience of their implementation and usage in an application support scenario
• Effective customer relationship, confident client facing and interpersonal skills
• Python / Jython / Java
• Understanding of UNIX
• Understanding of Microsoft Operating System and related products
• Troubeshooting complex technical issues across various technologies and end-to-end services
• Desire to learn and develop skills across projects, technologies and applications
- Shell Script
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.